cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Control 3.0

bfd192
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fifth wheel with the LCI Ground Control 3.0 system with four jacks. I was wondering if you can install a outside switch where you can control just the landing jacks. I have seen a few fifth wheels that has a up and down switch right under the front of the trailer. My control pad is inside a compartment which makes it hard to see the front jacks. I know you can buy the wireless remote but looking at maybe adding just a switch.
9 REPLIES 9

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
The last time I checked retail cost to have aftermarket auto level installed was in the $3K range?
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

twinstick
Explorer
Explorer
shadows4 wrote:
christopherglenn wrote:
Anyone put this system on aftermarket? Thoughts? I don't have autoleveling on my trailer....

I too would be interested in anyone's experiences installing this themselves. Wouldn't think it would be all that difficult, just time consuming.

Funny this came up, I've been looking for the hat few weeks at adding it to my trailer. Etrailer has about the best price I've seen. Most people say it takes about 5 hours to install. Doesn't look hard at all, you have to weld on the rear jack plates, but that isn't hard, just out of scope for a lot of people.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
christopherglenn wrote:
Anyone put this system on aftermarket? Thoughts? I don't have autoleveling on my trailer....

I too would be interested in anyone's experiences installing this themselves. Wouldn't think it would be all that difficult, just time consuming.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on putting the APP on your phone, really handy, we also have a control panel on our Battery compartment door on are Kz Durango Gold G384RLT, so you can operate your landing jack from such an see the landing jacks well ...

Safe Travels

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

TJames1974
Explorer
Explorer
I have the remote and use it to control the jacks all the time. Makes it nice being able to lower or raise the trailer from inside the cab of the truck when hitching up.
2003 Ford 6.0 Diesel
2017 Cougar 32RLK Fifth Wheel

sbergherr
Explorer
Explorer
We have this same system, our switch is also in a compartment. However we have the touchscreen inside the trailer which allows us to connect with the trailer using a phone and the Lippert APP, and using the phone can auto level, hitch, etc.

PopBeavers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although I have never used it I have a remote control. I think it will allow me to do what you want to do.
Wayne in Coarsegold near Yosemite
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2015 Ford F350 diesel 6.7L 4x4 crew cab short bed
Super Glide hitch

BlindGuynAR
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt it. That system has to know the length the jacks are extended. Could you run the motors? Yes. Would the leveling system then give you an error as soon as you started the level process? Very likely yes.
2013 Montana 346LBQ Mountainer edition
2017 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW
- B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
- Transfer Flow 40ga aux tank/tool box
- Gatorback Mud Flaps
- Ultimate Camera Package