cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI cable through the ceiling of a Weekend Warrior

Hap_Hazard
Explorer
Explorer
Here we go again with another update project.

My unit is a 2005 Weekend Warrior with a main TV and a front bedroom TV. The whole unit was wired using coaxial cable running up from the main TV connector on the curb side wall, through the ceiling, and down the wall to the front TV outlet.

I have already split the system to support my prior satellite system turner. I have park cable input and separate (added) satellite input from outside directly to the satellite receiver input. I then used a controller box to direct the signal to each TV.

I have just replaced my old receiver with standard definition signal for a tailgater with HD. I know I’ve given up being able to watch two different programs on the two TV’s and that’s not the problem.

I now only have HDMI outputs from the Dish VIP211z receiver. I need to run HDMI cable from the main TV to the Front TV. Has anyone tried to pull cable through the ceiling of their Warrior? I’m concerned that using fish tape might hook on other cables, wiring, and the insulation.

Any actual experience with this would be helpful.

Thanks,
Hap
3 REPLIES 3

Johnnytree
Explorer
Explorer
Tripp Lite makes an HDMI faceplate. You need to run two cat5 cables between them. Cat5 is a lot easier to fish than the hdmi cables.
2006 F250
2006 W.W FSC2800
2006 Raptor 700R Mine
2009 Polaris RZR 800 with 6" long travel suspension Wife

Hap_Hazard
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I think that'll work.

Take care,
Hap

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have run many HAM RADIO RG cables thru the air conditioner ducts for one end of the trailer to the other in my 5th Wheel. I just pull down the duct vents and fish a cable from duct to duck until I get to where i need to go. They are only 6-feet or so apart.

You may have to penetrate the ceiling area when you get to where you want your cable to come out hopefully in the inside of ceiling cabinet etc. I was able to get my cables from point A to point B in good order using the A/C Ducts.

If I penetrated the ceiling areas I would fill them with spray in expanding Insulation foam. Never created any problems with the normal flow of air conditioning...

Might work for you...
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS