cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heartland Silverado or Heartland Sundance

Durhamcutter
Explorer
Explorer
Is there anyone on the forum that has had any experience with either of the 5ers made by Heartland, one is the Silverado and the other is a Sundance. Need some info good or bad. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

CC-skipjack
Explorer
Explorer
I was under the impression that 'mid profile or High or full profile' designation was more about the frontal surface area, (height of ceiling in front room) and not the trim package.

Have I been mis-informned all along?
Charlie K
CC-skipjack

2000 Cedar Creek 30RL / 2001 GMC 2500HD

Durhamcutter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
All I can say is that we looked at a Silverado while at the GS Rally in Atlanta in Oct. We both looked at each other and said all we could smell was Plastic. We're weren't interested, but just looking to see what was new.

When we were first looking for a 5er we looked at the Sundance, but quickly ruled it out because of the bedroom ceiling height.

Now along those similar lines, we looked at the new Winnebago 5er at the Tampa show, and would you believe the interior doors were completely Plastic and the two models they had there were priced one at 65K the other 85K. Guess some Mfrs think their name is worth a lot.

You really need to look and decide for yourself, all we can do is give our opinions.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Curly2001
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Sundance XLT265 and it is great for us. We tow with a Chevy 2500HD gasser. Runs very well with the truck. Seems very well built for a mid profile and mid priced fiver.
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
Duramax1 wrote:
You are comparing a mid profile 5th wheel, Sundance, to a full profile 5th wheel.

Everyone's choice is based on need, want and price.

Both are quality products manufactured by Heartland.
I concur. What do you have for a TV? for the mid profile Sundance, you should be fine with a 3/4 ton but don't know about weight on the Silverado. Check out Heartlands forum as I suggested. Lots sunshine and happiness over there and for all the reasons and more that you have been told so far

Duramax1
Explorer
Explorer
You are comparing a mid profile 5th wheel, Sundance, to a full profile 5th wheel.

Everyone's choice is based on need, want and price.

Both are quality products manufactured by Heartland.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD DA LTZ
2009 Sundance 2900MK

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
we have the sundance 3270res, very happy with it. arched ceilings give plenty of headroom. as stated above, heartland's service and customer support are great
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Sundance 3200RE and like it. Don't know much about the Silverado but be assured, no matter which unit you choose, the customer service is great at Heartland. Also Check out the Heartland Owners forum and they have model specific forums.

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Sundance which is a Mid-profile. We are happy with it. The Silverado is a Full-Profile which means it has some upgrade and a higher price. The full-profile also has a min. of 6' ceiling height in the bedroom if I remember right. My bedroom roof is slanted and less than 6' at the head of the bed.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.