cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying make and model of 5th wheel - BD is make

SRkev
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I have a client who just purchased a 5th wheel trailer to convert into a mobile kitchen. I have the registration from the vehicle, and the VIN number but I can not find any additional information on the manufacturer other than "BD". Does anyone know more about this manufacturer?

My end goal is to get the manufacturer, and to find the weight capacity, a wireframe of the exterior, interior etc... Basically as much information as possible.

Here is the information that I do have:

Make: BD
Year Model: 1989
YR 1st sold: 1989
VLF Class: LD
Type Veh: 42v
Type LIC: PA
Body Type Model: VAN
MO: TT
AX: 2
WC: A
Unladen wt: 00940
Type vehicle use: trailer

Here is a link to a photo of the trailer - http://imgur.com/91Xe94j

Thanks for any leads you can give me.
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a custom build on a gooseneck trailer.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is them. My son uses one of their GN 9K dump trailers in his part-time landscape business.

They will custom build any body you need. Call CS with your VIN.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
This might be them.

I just put BD Trailers in Google.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good luck with finding the manufacturer. A large number of them went out of business during the last recession - some of the best names in the business are now gone.

Somse of those numbers you gave do not make much sense to me. For instance the "unladen weight of 940. Is that pounds? If so, it may be the hitch or pin weight but almost certainly cannot be the empty vehicle weight. I would suspect that number to be several thousand pounds.

It is very easy to post a picture in your post on this forum.
1. Click here to go to the forums photo posting app.
2. Upload your photo from your computer or website.
3. Copy/paste the resulting URL into your post without making any changes or additions.

That is all there is to it! 🙂 Your picture will appear and be properly sized for our forum.

Here is the photo you linked to in your post quoted above and then uploaded to our forum photo posting app.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine