cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with pricing used 2013 Columbus 320RS

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all! I am looking at one of these by a private seller on CL. They are asking 37,000. Pics show it being stored under cover. They are the second owners already, so I was somewhat cautious, but he said that first owner sold it to buy a motor home. He (second owner) is selling due to illness.

All that is listed on the ad:

fireplace, solid surface counter tops, cherry cabinets, movable island in kitchen, smart TV, cabinets galore, ceiling fan, king size bed in bedroom, closet with built in shelves and clothes hamper, central vacuum, and washer/dryer hookup, lots of underbelly storage. Never smoked in, Electric leveling system.

It's more than I was hoping to spend, so am a little hesitant to go look....and wondering if I would insult the seller especially in his condition by offering a good bit less. Wondering how much less would be fair. First time buyer, so not sure how much less to bid when purchasing used or new.
21 REPLIES 21

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone! Your comments have been very helpful!!

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
NADA guide shows the 2013 320RS around $40k low retail and $49k average retail. But that is based on buying new at MSRP, which almost no one does. The 320RS is at the top of my list and a new 2015 or 2016 can be purchased for around $45k depending on options. I think that a reasonable price for a 2013 would be in the range of $34k, so maybe start with an offer of $32k.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Here is a 2016 for not that much more - - 2016 Columbus 320

With it having 2 owners already , I would have to wonder why ??

For me , If given the choice of $37,000.00 for a 2013 - or $45,000.00 for a 2016 , I would either spend the 8K more for new and warranty , or not buy either..

That's not a really well equipped one that lists for $57K. Most of the well equipped ones list from $63K to $75K. It probably does not have (according to my reading) the automatic leveling system, bedroom air, upgraded King Trump mattress, and a few other options.

We have a 2014 Columbus 295RL and love it. Ours has been almost trouble free. One trip to dealer after about a month for minor items. That's it. We insisted on bedroom air and a leveling system. If you are going to be in hot weather like we have in Louisiana you have to have the bedroom air. When it is 95+ degrees out, and you are not in shade, the coolest we can keep it with both ACs running continuously is 78 degrees, which is fine. With only one AC, I doubt we could get it cooler than mid 80s, which we would not find acceptable. The automatic leveling is about my favorite feature and has worked well for me.

I don't know all the options or condition of the used one. If it's really loaded out, about the best you could get it new would be around $55-$57K. Lesser equipped for lower price. I hope this helps some. Keith

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
The 2013 model of this 5'er had the shwintec slide mechanism on the bedroom slide. They have been known to have problems. In 2014 they stopped using this system. Just thought you might want to know.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

Here is a 2016 for not that much more - - 2016 Columbus 320

With it having 2 owners already , I would have to wonder why ??

For me , If given the choice of $37,000.00 for a 2013 - or $45,000.00 for a 2016 , I would either spend the 8K more for new and warranty , or not buy either..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
In the title. 2013 Columbus 320RS

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
For alittle more berryland rv has a 2015