cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda genny won't fit

Hardcandy
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Honda 3000is I've read about you guys putting them in the bed of you trucks, my problem is I have a hard Tri fold tonneau cover and the Honda is to tall to fit under the cover. My plan was to leave the genny in the truck all the time under the cover. So I'm open to any helpful ideas I'm sure I'm not the first to run into this please help.if I have to put it in the basement of my 5er it will have to be a permanent deal because I'm not able to put in in and out so I'm open to ideas on that as well. And yes it does fit in the basement. Thanks for your input.
TV: 2004.5 Chevy Silverado CCLB 6.6L 3500 DRW, K&N, EFI Live 60hp economy/tow tune, 4" magnaflow exhaust, B&W gooseneck W/ B&W Companion
S&W M&P 40cal in the door pocket...
2012 28.5' Jayco Eagle RLS w/super slide
Ruger 45cal on the nightstand
16 REPLIES 16

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I keep mine in the truck bed with my tonneau cover halfway and lock the generator with bike chain. I've never had a problem.

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you want to be overcome with carbon monoxide and die in your sleep, using a portable genny in your 5'er's basement is a most, MOST, BAD IDEA!!!:E Either leave the bed cover off/open or have a permanent Onan/Cummins RV genset installed in your 5'er.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER