cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm Now Toy Hauler-less

Mr__Sandman
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys, after 12 years of owning various Toy Haulers, we sold (and will miss) our much loved Weekend Warrior 5th wheel a couple of weeks ago. We made a lot of memories in it with trips to the beach, Dumont Dunes, Glamis, Ocotillo Wells and the Sierra's. We still have all the toys though and will rent a few different motor homes over the course of the next year or so before we get into the buyers market. Next up for sale, our POS Ford 6.0 (which we won't miss). It's been fun and I've learned a lot from being a member on this forum. Cheers!
Tow Vehicle - 2004 Ford F350 PSD 4x4
Hauler - Sold/None
Toys - 2009 Polaris RZR LE, 1985 ATC 250R,
2009 Raptor 700, 2003 Raptor 80,
4 REPLIES 4

Bedlam
We went with a truck camper and tow an enclosed trailer after selling our toy hauler. We haul extra water and gray tanks in our trailer. Our 6.0 did well for 10 years, but I just upgraded to something a little bigger.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Mr__Sandman
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest prompt was that we just didn't get out enough anymore with the kids growing up, off to college and involved in so many other activities. Due to the unit sitting, tires seemed to be rotting away faster than I could replace them. The 2nd biggest prompt was the unreliability of my Ford 6.0. Getting to and from our destinations was always a nail biter as we never knew what or when it would break next and I didn't want to buy another tow vehicle.
Tow Vehicle - 2004 Ford F350 PSD 4x4
Hauler - Sold/None
Toys - 2009 Polaris RZR LE, 1985 ATC 250R,
2009 Raptor 700, 2003 Raptor 80,

Y-Guy
Mr. Sandman wrote:
will rent a few different motor homes over the course of the next year or so before we get into the buyers market.

Congrats on the sale. What prompted the change? No reason to run off, you're still welcome here ๐Ÿ™‚ Good call on renting motorhomes, we made the switch a few years ago and very happy we did. The setup worked well for where we camped and gave me greater flexibility to tow our toys as well as our boat and Jeep now.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

danojeno
Explorer
Explorer
If you are like me, exploring new rigs and set-ups is exciting. Keep us updated on what works out. I'm always scared to jump out of the TH due to water capacity concerns but I'm sure I just don't know what's out there.
2006 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 4x4 CCSB (sold)
2012 Eclipse Stellar 28SBG, Spring Over Axle (Sold)