cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ice maker line leaking

capriskier
Explorer
Explorer
When we de-winterized our Cedar Creek Champagne today the water started leaking fast at the back side of refrigerator. We think this is the ice maker water line. We cannot find the shut off valve to cut this off. For right now we just want to run the refrigerator and not use the ice maker. Any help appreciated.
16 REPLIES 16

capriskier
Explorer
Explorer
We were able to find the shut off valve. It was behind the rear tire as suggested by B.O. Thanks for helping. We may just leave this shut off.

Since we have never drank the campground water and use bottles, we disconnected the icemaker line the day it came home.
I just buy a bag of ice and pour it into the icemaker.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
This is a major problem waiting to happen on these trailers. Like you, we have a residential fridge in our Cardinal with icemaker, and through the door water. Love it. But....I can see that a lot of people will have problems with that thin waterline freezing. That line goes out of the heated basement, into the outside to re-enter the slide with the rest of the electric, gas, and tv coax. If you do not winterize it correctly, or dewinterize before freezing season if over, with the assumption that you'll just run a heater to keep the trailer above freezing, that approx. 6' of thin line is subject to the elements and splitting if it freezes.

I'll be dewinterizing our's next week in preparation for spring break trip, but I'll not flush the antifreeze out of this line until May/June time frame. I may need to come up with some sort of low-pressure pump that I can plumb onto that line to be able to winterize just that line as needed.

The shutoff valve in our cardinal is in the water bay, and is a simple push/pull valve.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Some models did not come with shut off valves.
The line and valve on our Big Horn is located under the kitchen sink.
The line runs outside the frame to a low point drain which some
may mistake for a shut off valve.
It is a common, but expensive headache to deal with until
you get it properly set up
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was told the shut off for my Cedar Creek is a push pull valve located near the street side rear wheel underneath. It supposed to be near the low point drain for the fridge. Haven't looked for mine yet, but I want to shut my ice maker off too. Have no use for it at all, just takes up room.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

capriskier
Explorer
Explorer
We are not getting the dealer to fix the issue. Just to tell us where the valve is. We don't need the ice maker now, we just want to be able to turn on the water with no leaks.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
What I've learned about RVing be handy or have plenty of plastic in your wallet

LOL, I don't think truer words have been spoken on this site! Most times it's a very enjoyable hobby but it certainly can be frustrating and expensive at times! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
What I've learned about RVing be handy or have plenty of plastic in your wallet
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

capriskier
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions. We looked at all the places mentioned above and still could not find the shut off valve. We will call our dealer tomorrow.

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
I would be opening up the access panel that goes to your wet bay. Hopefully there is a shut off valve in behind by the hot water tank and outside shower/plumbing area.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Under the island, T'd off the kitchen sink faucet >??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
That white line should find its way to a supply line with a small shut-off valve, also you can call Cedar Creek's tech line 260-593-2101 and they will help you. You should hook up your city water so there's pressure in that line and feel the white supply line to see if it's wet from the fridge down then follow it to see if that's the problem.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

capriskier
Explorer
Explorer
We see now that the refrigerator is bolted to the floor. We see the white water line running from back of refrigerator then behind cabinet under stove and under the floor. But we don't know where it goes under the floor.

capriskier
Explorer
Explorer
We were going to pull the refrigerator out but could not get it to move. Would it be bolted to floor or do we just need to try harder to move it?