cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Please

banpaeng
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1996 Aljo 5th wheel and it is located 100 miles from me I will have to have some roof work done on it and I need to know the total length to decide if I want to do this or not. All I have on the title is a VIN. I am hoping that with the VIN someone can give me a good length. I think it is either 28, 29 or 30.

Vin

1SY300N29TB001384

By looking at the VIN I am guessing 29.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
My Cardinal Model 30LE measures 31 feet end to end, just had the top Flex Armor coated, looks great

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I do not think a VIN will give you a model number, or a length, and certainly not a roof length.

Aljo could tell you, but they are OOB.

Maybe someone near the unit could get you a model number off the side of the trailer? Google could then get you a pretty close answer.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

banpaeng
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to say thanks for the replys. The guy wantsto give me a price but wants the length for accurate estimate. I just don't want to drive 100 miles to accomplish that. I am trying to figure out the length by the vin. Most Vin have this info.

Again Thanks

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I have 96 Southwind, not a 5th wheel.
Last year i restored the roof. The length of the Southwind is 37'. The length of the actual roof is 30'.

If you're being charged by the foot, you may want to have it measured.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I would find out the estimate for each length and base your decision on the 30ft cost. If it's a difference of $100 from 29 to 30 then no big deal but if it's a difference of $500 then determine the actual length.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What the manufacturer says is the total length is often not accurate. You could buy for 30 feet and then you would be good or make the drive and measure yourself.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad