cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jacking a 5'er with a bottle jack

Bayley
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have information on where I can get a U-shaped saddle that will fit on top of my bottle jack for jacking up my trailer? I know not to place the jack toward the center of the axle. I place it directly behind wheel. The springs on my trailer are above the axle so I don't have a spring plate to place the jack under.
Thank You!!
Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.
23 REPLIES 23

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
That looks like that works pretty slick Gmw_photos.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Timay
Explorer
Explorer
I went to the website for safejack and found that it is at safejacks.com

Here is a link - they carry a bunch of good looking tools!

Tim

DB_Family
Explorer
Explorer
Safejack.com sells axle tube pads and other bottle jack accessories.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
made my own out of three pieces 2x4 glued/screwed together. I use it on top of my floor jack, which has a fairly big pad. The arcs I cut into the individual pieces match the arc of the u-bolts and the axle tube, so it's all supported evenly

Craig_A
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 10T jack and put it on the leaf spring directly under the axle I want to raise. The U-bolts that attach the leaf springs to the axle will hold the jack in place.
Beautiful wife of 38 years
Female Yellow Labrador Retriever
18 year old Amazon Parrot
2015 Fleetwood Southwind 36J

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm about to make one. Using a piece of 3" STD wall pipe, should fit my over my U-bolts pretty well. Had to buy 3 ft, I'll use about 3" +/- and get two, if I want. Undecided about the jack centering ring yet, but probably 1 1/2 STD pipe, from the hdw store. I'll have to take it to a welder, but I know a few 🙂
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Bayley wrote:
Does anyone have information on where I can get a U-shaped saddle that will fit on top of my bottle jack for jacking up my trailer? I know not to place the jack toward the center of the axle. I place it directly behind wheel. The springs on my trailer are above the axle so I don't have a spring plate to place the jack under.
Thank You!!

Local welder could make one in probably an hour, from his scrap pile. 🙂 I use a piece of 2x4 between the u-bolts on the axle and make sure I'm hooked to the truck, with chocks on the opposite side. My FW is =not= moving if hitched and chocked.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Do a google search for bottle jack axle pad. You will get a number of options made just for that purpose.

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
You could simply use a piece of hardwood between the jack and the axle or plate, whatever. I've seen this done before and I've used this method to help with "slippage" of the metal on metal. Just a thought.

I think you're going to have a hard time locating a saddle that will safely fit onto your bottle jack AND fit your axel/plate. Might even boil down to a liability issue.....

Just my two cents, good luck in your search.

Dan