cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Eagle owners....

WHThayer
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys.. I've towed two Keystone products over the years and am now looking at the Jayco Eagle fifth wheel (not the HT) I like the 321 RSTS Any comments would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
Stockman
23 REPLIES 23

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
northmeck0255 wrote:
We've been very happy with our 321RLTS. No significant issues to speak of, and we'd happily buy another one.

We have the same 5er & would buy another Jayco & even use the same dealer as before.
We have added the slide covers and added a 6pt leveling system end of this summer, both great things to have IMHO

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
I've had '99 304BH and '03 300FSS. Both stood up very well, but I don't think they are examples of what is built today. I don't remember any quality issues from the factory, but time and miles do create issues. I feel lucky after hearing stories about later brands. I was amazed with their Customer Service when I needed info years after ownership. I think their change in ownership will not be good.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
You might want to check out this video re; Jayco

Video Link

What dose this have to do with a Jayco Eagle??????

And as in his complaints he says he found some of the issues before he bought it but still he bought the unit.

I own a Jayco Eagle HT and there customer servic is top notch I have never had a problem wit getting anything done under warranty.
If the floor plan works for you go for it Jayco is a great unit.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

northmeck0255
Explorer
Explorer
We've been very happy with our 321RLTS. No significant issues to speak of, and we'd happily buy another one.
2010 Airstream 27FB Classic Limited
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

Fire91
Explorer
Explorer
Love my 2015 321RSTS. No issues.
2013 Chevy 2500HD CCSB W/Duramax
2015 Jayco 321RSTS 5th Wheel
B&W Companion Slider

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
FrankShore,

Did you not notice the OP asked about a Jayco EAGLE 5th wheel trailer, not a Jay Flight entry level trailer??? Overall, Jayco is a very fine RV with very high customer satisfaction or they wouldn't still be America's highest volume selling RV trailer.

BTW, we don't own a Jayco trailer but did back in the early 80's and it was a fine trailer. I do own a Carriage 5th wheel and a Lance truck camper and both are and have been very fine RV's, but not cheap to purchase!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Jayco 31.5 RLDS bought new in March 2011 and have camped in it 444 nights and towed it 18,239 miles. I have had just a few issues with it, mostly minor but one a bit more expensive that being the main slide wiper seal came off and had to be replaced this past spring. The propane tank pig tails had to be replaced the second year due to the high flow valve getting stuck and not allowing propane to flow. There are a few other issues that are so minor I can't even remember what they were. A year and a half ago I replaced all tires, not because there were issues only because the tires were more than 5 years old. This past spring I had the wheel bearings checked and re-packed for the first time in 5 years. The mechanic said they looked perfect and had plenty of grease when he took them off. He re-packed and reassembled. Two years ago I had the wheel alignment checked. Slightly out of alignment but he said not bad and adjusted them accordingly. By the way, he said many guys have alignment check done as part of normal annual maintenance. Could just be a ploy to get customers in the door but could be true. The thing tows very excellent down the road, never any chucking unless the road conditions suck which is the case in many places in the U.S. The only other thing I can think of is that I found that the threaded drain fittings weren't tightened enough and the kitchen sink drain leaked water into the lower cabinet. Once I tightened them all up no issues since.

I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to remember if we've had any other issues and I just can't remember any and it's not because I have Alzheimer's it's because there really haven't been many issues.

In conclusion I've been very happy with this rig.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Jayco Eagle 291rlts. I have done many upgrades it has been and still is a very good trailer.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out this video re; Jayco

Video Link
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!