cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Octane 161 Where to mount TV

k1hog
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I have just purchased a Jayco Octane 161, I am seeking ideas on where and how to mount the TV?

Thanks

Johnnie
2 REPLIES 2

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on the new TH! The 161 is a nice functional, lightweight unit.

Couple things to consider:

1. Where is the inside antenna/satellite cable connector located? I assume you'll want to mount it somewhere near this connector, right?

2. Next, do you have a preference for watching your TV up high, near the ceiling, or lower, more at head level while seated?

3. Personally, I wouldn't take a chance mounting it on an outside wall unless you're extremely confident what's behind the wall. Doesn't take much to drill/screw right through a little insulation to daylight. Not sure I'd trust a blue print. The RV industry has never been known for its sense of precision on the assembly line.

I have seen a couple 161's with the TV mounted to the upper part of the cabinet that holds the frig (the area between the cabinet and the electric bed).

Another option is to use an articulating TV wall mount and mount it to one of the 4 rails that supports the electric bed. This what I did on a one of my units. Drilled a hole through both sides of the the rail (parallel with the wall--don't hit the chain) and used a removable pin to mount the TV wall mount to the rail (prefer to stow my TV when I travel). You should be able to find a spot where it doesn't interfere too much with the use of the electric bed and/or the fold-up sofa/dinette seats.

Good luck!

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
E-mail Jayco and they will send a whole wall blue print so can see where all studs are and what is in the wall.