cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Octane 273

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Y'all. Just wanted some opinions on the Jayco Octane 273. Looking for something that will hold my Honda Pioneer 700-4 which is 82 inches tall by 10.5 feet long, and 60 inches wide. According to salesman over phone it will work. Mind you I will measure to make sure, however it is a 10 hour drive to pick up unit.

Please give me your humble opinions on this, and any other suggestions you may have.

Tow vehicle is 2015 RAM 2500 with Cummins

Thank you so much!!!!!!
16 REPLIES 16

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
can't thank you all enough for the help!

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
Great suggestions. A lot to take in. Opinion on Stryker 2912???

BUILDINGUP
Explorer
Explorer
There are two with 12' garages that I am looking at, first is the Impact 312 and the other is Amped 32GS. Both have good and bad but so far I am leaning towards the Impact because of the two slides, cost, and overall layout.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Aircum wrote:
Same problem with 29. I am 3 inches over 10 feet in length. Any others.

Wow, their website is sure off then. It has it listed as 114.8". A ten foot garage would give you 5+ inches to spare according to Honda's specs. I wonder why their site is so off on dimensions?

Here's a floorplan with a 10'6" separate garage.

Shockwave

You're kind of limited as most TT haulers are maxed at a 10 foot garage. Forest River does make a few to choose from though. Here's their complete line of toy haulers. I saw one that even had a 14" garage on a TT hauler. Check them all out. Maybe one works for you.

FR Haulers
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
Same problem with 29. I am 3 inches over 10 feet in length. Any others.

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
Roger that sorry used the height number for both.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Aircum wrote:
thanks but that floorpan the garage is too small for the length of the Honda Pioneer 700-4

Yes, but the 29HFS would be just right. Jayco is SO far behind the times it's not even funny. XLR is your best bet. Their service and support after the sale is fantastic.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
thanks but that floorpan the garage is too small for the length of the Honda Pioneer 700-4

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
XLR 27HFS maybe something to look at around same size, gives you a bit more room with the slide and seperate garage, however shower not as nice. I think some real prices on those are not too far above at all where yours is at. I walked through the 29HFS but no further experience than that. You lose some weight carrying capacity, but I think you gain a bit of garage space and ramp door height. It also only comes standard with one bed, but you might not need the couches in this scenario as you have the seating and table in main room.

Forest River does offer the extra year of warranty for like 130 bucks or something like that, cant recall the details but can find if you search.

Mind you this is coming from a guy with little use of my Carbon 33 yet, but I looked and shopped around a lot. We have more kids so were looking for a bit bigger one.

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
My wife, son and I. Son is 15 but 6'2". Price on Jayco is 21,700. Has motorized bed, screen and 15k ac unit. Price wise anywhere around 25k is fine.

Just sold Class C, purchasing within a week or so, as we are camping a lot in June and July

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
What price range trying to stay under or within? That might help some throw out some other options. How many people taking with you? Some with seperate garage but only one drop down bed might provide more height.

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
I've thought of that as well, just never done it. Do you use ratchet straps??

BUILDINGUP
Explorer
Explorer
I would strap the suspension first before airing down the tires.

Aircum
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for advice, truck does have brake controller. As far as the Honda goes...It is underpowered, suspension is a little weak, however no belt, neat set up with the 4 seater, and typical bulletproof Honda reliability. Own a Rincon now and have had 2 others, all with 680 and same tranny, ZERO problems. My Polaris buddies always made fun of my Rincons till it was towing them out of the woods:)

Clearance under bed is 80". I have to check it letting air out of tires can get me 2 inches, otherwise it is pulling the hardtop off each time.