cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco Simmons Residential Mattress

ipeltier
Explorer
Explorer
We've been living in our new Jayco HT 28.5 RSTS for a month now, and, for the most part, love it. One concern we have is the Simmons Residential Mattress--it's hard as a rock. We have put a memory foam pad on top, and it's liveable, but after three weeks we find the mattress (not the memory foam) is slightly saggy in the area where I sleep. (Husband is claustrophobic so sleeps on the pull-out couch bed.) I weigh less than 160 pounds, so it's not excessive weight. Has anyone else had this problem with this mattress? Our last Jayco Superlite had an excellent mattress which we used for 8 years without a problem.
1 REPLY 1

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
That was one of our first mods after purchasing our rig, since it was a full size queen we just went to a local mattress factory and had one built to our specs. I guess you lucked out with your prior rig as I've never heard anyone state they liked the stock mattress in their RV before. I've seen videos of RVs where the salesperson states emphatically their RVs are ordered with so called residential mattresses only to find it is just a bunch of hype with few exceptions. Not sure what else you can do if the topper didn't alleviate the issue other than full replacement.