cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just waxed the fiver

had the scaffolding all set up Friday after work so I could work against the sun/shade sides of the trailer..

Working with the shade to my benefit , I was able to get the whole trailer completed in a weekend.. Used a wax/sealant from Autogeek.com

It was very user friendly . and extremely easy to remove . .Here are the results -

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
33 REPLIES 33

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/labarn/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-02/IMG_20170225_195959194.jpg?1488148853891&1488148857991&1488148861134&1488148868913

test

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
We do get lots of nice comments on our soon to be 16 years old next month alpenlite.

chevman

Show off!!! :B

Heck, I put the shine on our 86 King of the Road, this was really dull when we got it in back in about 2008, so it was 22 years old at the time.

that does look awesome.

chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
We do get lots of nice comments on our soon to be 16 years old next month alpenlite.

chevman

Yep you betta ya

chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

Heck, I put the shine on our 86 King of the Road, this was really dull when we got it in back in about 2008, so it was 22 years old at the time.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer

chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should not be much trouble to get a 5 year or younger unit looking good. At 15 years old that gelcoat of Larry's is really sayin something. Regular maintenance makes a huge difference.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
The zep stripper is hard on the decals. I found out the poli glow stripper works the best without any decal issues. Poli glow comes in a kit with a cleaner but the heavy duty stripper looks the same. I know poli glow is superior to the zep floor finish.

chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

campbrojo
Explorer
Explorer
We spent two days last weekend using Zep floor stripper to remove the old Redmax from our Class C.

We had put 5 coats on our 2004 Minnie back in 2010 while we lived up north of Albany, NY. It held up very well until we moved to North Carolina. Once the Minnie was out in the sun the Redmax turned the RV yellow.

For now we stripped off what was left of the Redmax and cleaned the rig well. I've purchased a good cover and hope to reapply the coating (now Zep) sometime before next winter. This time we'll be covering the Minnie until we get an RV shelter to keep the sun from it.
2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie WF311C

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
looks great!

I did mine a month and a half ago, what a job!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Timay
Explorer
Explorer
I did my trailer with Poli Glo when I bought it in 2012 and haven't touched it since. I just bought some more Poli Glo and am gonna do the front and rear caps this week. The caps show signs of the Poli Glo flaking and disappearing in runs from the top to the bottom - looks weird! It has not discolored at all and spends most of its time in the same orientation in the yard and gets sun on the back cap, drivers side and front cap. My trailer is aluminum sided with white paint - I only did the poli glo on the fiberglass - doors, caps, covers, etc. - and wax on the paint.

I'm happy...

Tim

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! Used to do the job in a day...now it takes more time:-)

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
N-Trouble Please do not do the red max or the zep product. Both are the same 5 years ago I bragged how great the red max looked, Same as the picture above . 2 years ago I had to strip the red max off and it was a tone of hard work that was many days doing it. I did learn some things but the problem is no UV and a yellow tint was not what I wanted on a white finish. I just removed the 5 year old red max off the front cap using the poli glow stripper. Much easier using their product.

Now I am telling the truth so please do not red max your rv. Remember the old saying Money isn't everything but this time it is true. Two bottles were needed for ours 2 years ago not doing the front cap. I will do 2 applications on both sides and the rear cap. Wax removal was the biggest job 5 years ago and did I spend a lot of time doing that job. chevman

I reread your comments and can add the red max was starting to yellow the 2nd season and the 3rd I removed to use the poli glow 2 years ago and will do two applications soon. The front was 5 seasons old and really did not change color much. Now that I removed the red max it was whiter . The north exposer might be the reason the sun let the non UV protect last longer. Same as our site in Az. Good luck on you choice. Lowes here stopped selling the red max but Zep is available if you decide to use that product.

chevman

Thx for the heads up but how do you know Poli Glow will not do the same in 5yr time? My understanding is they are not all that different and go on in the same fashion.
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
winter before last another alpenlite couple was going to do the red max. I brought them over to see ours and it was flaking off as we made the trip to Az. Looked like Ivory flakes coming as we traveled. Their alpenlite was before white was used so it was an almond color. No we are doing it. this winter I walked by and areas almost 2 ft square were missing and dull not shiny. To be nice I did not stop and tell them I told you so because I had the winter before.
chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110