cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jensen CD/DVD Player

sjwagner2009
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2013 Keystone Sydney from Camping World. We didn't receive a manual with the camper and are having issues getting the Jensen CD/DVD Player to turn on. We have checked the fuse and that doesn't seem to be the problem. The unit is screwed into the cabinet. It worked when we looked at the camper before buying it and now it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas on what we can troubleshoot?

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
sjwagner2009 wrote:
Thank you everyone who suggested the inline fuse. That is exactly what it was! So thankful it was a quick easy fix because nothing else about this process has been easy. Happy camping everyone!

You're lucky. The POS stereo in my old Komfort had some sort of beeping alarm on it. If I used the battery disconnect, it wouldn't sound, but if I removed the battery cable =without= turning off the disconnect, this d@mn beeping would start up. Took me almost an hour 1 day to figure it out. Had to remove the unit, unplug it for a couple minutes, then plug it back in. Power had to be OFF or it would start beeping again. Frustrating as hell. Had it happen one other time, but I knew what I had to do, so it was a quick fix.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

sjwagner2009
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone who suggested the inline fuse. That is exactly what it was! So thankful it was a quick easy fix because nothing else about this process has been easy. Happy camping everyone!

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
jsr21 wrote:
There is probably another in line fuse behind the unit. Unscrew it from the wall and pull it out to see.

Agreed, Mine is fused in the 12 volt fuse panel in addition to an in-line fuse behind the player.

There is a beauty ring around the outside that just snaps off. then there are four screws holding the unit to the cabinet.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

jsr21
Explorer
Explorer
There is probably another in line fuse behind the unit. Unscrew it from the wall and pull it out to see.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
If the issue isn't something simple that can be fixed with a few minutes of troubleshooting, those units aren't worth your time. For $100 you can get a far superior car head unit to replace it with. Give Crutchfield a call and tell them what you are trying to do. They can help.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Bayley
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know about your rig but mine has an on/off switch in the bedroom so you can listen to it at night and turn it off without going down into the living area. It's easy to forget about the switch and then freak out because I can't turn on the radio at the unit.
Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
The fuse was good but was the 12volts good.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
If you google the model number of the Jensen unit you should be able to download it.

For troubleshooting, you might try to see if you are getting power to the unit despite what the fuse looks like. Probably will get no quick help from CW based on what I've read on this forum.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"