cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keystone carbon 33 concerns

Eltoropoopoo
Explorer
Explorer
In Dec 2015 I bought a new FR grey wolf 26 RR, we have used it several times and love it. This past Christmas my wife, my self and a 13 year old grandson spent a week in Fla at my moms house. We quickly discovered how small it can get not to mention the ramp door is only 6ft tall, so no side by side will fit without removing the top. Long story short, we started looking at different units and found the keystone carbon 33, fits the bill very nice, only problem is I also found a lot of bad press about keystone and their costumer service. So my question is does anyone have a carbon 33 or any experience dealing with keystone? Don't want to make a big $$$ mistake. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
With my next trailer I will do my best to avoid Thor and Keystone. Getting harder to do as the years go by as they seem to be trying to buy everyone else.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
There are somethings that go wrong that you can fix without going through the dealer. One example, I had an issue with the motherboard in my Maxxair ceiling fan and dealt with the company directly (warranty item). They sent me a new board, I installed it, and I didn't have to go through my dealer. If you're handy you can fix many things yourself.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Eltoropoopoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dutchmansport, that makes me feel better.

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
@DutchmenSport sounds like you have a great dealer. Wish I had one like that out here in California.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I have good success dealing with Keystone. I've owned 3 Thor Industries TT's: Dutchmen Sport, Keystone Springdale, and Keystone Outback. Keystone stood behind both the Springdale and the Outback wonderfully. I had good RV dealer service shops too that did everything right also. I think that's the biggest reason my experiences were very positive!

Case in point, my Outback.

The dealer I purchased it from has a policy that if purchasing a new RV, they recall the RV after the owner has possession of it for 3 months. Then again right at the 12 month mark. Why? They do a 100% complete through inspection of the RV for any defects or problems the owner is experiencing and they fix it under warranty.

When I took my Outback at 3 months, they found the screw hols holding on the fender skirting were all broken out. I never saw this. Keystone replaced both fender skirts on the camper. They found some trim inside the camper came loose. They tightened it down. (I had no clue, I missed that completely). The shower drain did not drain right. I had them look at that. Turns out, the P-trap was installed wrong. They pulled the entire shower, fixed the p-trap and I was good to go. Absolutely no charge.

At 11 months they sent the letter to bring it in again. They didn't find anything wrong, but went ahead and repacked the bearings. Didn't charge me anything. They said it all fell under warranty.

When I picked up the camper (11th month inspection), I asked why they did the 2 inspections and were willing to fight for warranty repairs. The service guy told me they want EVERY RV they sell new to go out of the 1 year warranty working 100% correct and 100% to the customer's satisfaction. We've not had any other issue with the Outback since, except routine maintenace and things I screwed up myself.

Our dealer? Walnut Ridge in New Castle, Indiana! None like them anywhere else. Purchase from a good dealer that will fight for you! But make sure, if you have any issues, it's not something you did yourself. Make sure it's truly a manufacturer defect.

Edit! I forgot! I did have another issue with my Outback. At 2 years, the front cap started fading. Looked bad. Found out my extended warranty covered everything .... except paint! BUT Walnut Ridge RV fought for me again. Keystone agreed to repaint the front cap (at 2 and 1/2 years old now). BUT, because there was nothing wrong with the graphics, I had to pay for the graphics to be replaced. I was OK with that. Keystone has done me very well. And my dealer has done me even better! No complaints!