cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KZ vs Jayco

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at new trailers for quite a while now. Almost pulled the trigger on a Eagle but backed out. Looking to retire at the end of the year so hoping to do a lot of camping. I've owned two Jaycos and have been happy with them.

Now I'm looking at a Jayco North Point 387RDFS (wife really likes) And a KZ Durango Gold G380FLF.

The main thing is quality how do they compare?

I've been able to look at the Jayco. I have not been able to look at the KZ.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
11 REPLIES 11

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking hard at toy haulers by kz, jayco, Dutchman, heartland etc and thank all of you for sharing your experiences.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I did make a road trip and look at the KZ. I think it is a good trailer. To me just a little plain. On par with the Eagle in my opinion. It would be hard to decide. I think the North Point has mor amenities. Wife likes the North Point. Just have to decide if I want one that big.

We Have a 08 Eagle 291rlts now. I have made many upgrades. But it has been and is a good trailer.
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

JMelton
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently in the same boat. I was almost at the point of getting a Jayco Eagle 317RLOK, but torn between it and Durango Gold 355RLT. Now I'm leaning more toward the KZ.
2007 Ford F-250 4WD Lariat 6.0
Timbren SES / Rancho RS9000XL

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the reply. It's good to hear from KZ owners. I do like that the KZ is rated for full time. There website makes it look good. Aluminum frame, 7000# axles. Nearest dealer is about 2 hours away. Going to have to make a road trip.
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my first KZ but my folks have had 2 of them and I can honestly say that they have been great units with very few issues. I'd put them and Jayco on a level playing field as far as quality, KZ maybe even just a cut above.

Alex
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

randy328
Explorer
Explorer
On my second KZ, quite happy with quality. Got this one (MXT2920) in February and have had no issues. Everybody talks about taking your RV back to the dealer for initial quality issues, neither of my KZ's went back.

At the 2 year mark had a ramp door issue on my first one, KZ replaced the entire ramp door under warranty.
KZ MXT2920, Ford F250 4dr long bed
Bunch of Motorcycles - Track Instruction and Race
German Shepherd "Qorkey"

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Both manufacturers are located just miles apart around Middlebury, IN. I drive right by both when heading south into IN. Jayco is a larger operation, but was just purchased this summer by Thor. Not sure that will change anything, especially with current models. A few years ago a buddy, who happens to be a finish carpenter, purchased a KZ because he liked the workmanship he found in the KZ product.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

I had an "08" KZ Montego Bay and absolutely loved it... it was only back to the dealer 1 time for warranty ... The only isue i had was with the landing gear legs after 7 years , i had to replace 1 of them.. I would not hesitate in telling someone to look at KZ..

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

lak356
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned a 2007 KZ New Vision now I have a 2015 Stoneridge both have been solid quality products and when I had to use customer service they've been excellent

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
About the only thing I can see with both are a 2 year warranty. Look at the frames very close.
2015 F-450 CC 440 HP 19.5 DRW. 26,500 Resse FW
Jayco Sesimic 4212 Toy Hauler
Oreion Sandreeper-Street Legal and tilted for the on road
480 Watts ZAMP 3 panel US made Solar system-Smart Glass panels

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our second Durango, and our 325 is similar to the gold model. We have no complaints about the KZ quality. Cannot speak on the Jayco.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW