cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Landing Gear Stabilizer ** now with installation pictures

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys, its that time of year to start thinking about a few upgrades on the unit and the first one on the list is landing gear stabilizers.

I've been looking at both JT Strong Arms and Steadyfast products - I like that the Steadyfast only has two adjustment points instead of 4.

Comments or reviews would be appreciated.

Alex
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7
32 REPLIES 32

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
gkainz wrote:
bought my JT Strong-arms last fall from etrailer.com and installed them recently. First trip out last week got an enthusiastic two thumbs up from my wife, who used to nearly got sea sick every morning when I would rummage around the kitchen too early in the morning for her.

You will really like the JT's more after you feel solid during a hard wind.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
To complete the job for a solid rv is to install scissor jacks just in front of the front tires to lessen the spring giggle.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
bought my JT Strong-arms last fall from etrailer.com and installed them recently. First trip out last week got an enthusiastic two thumbs up from my wife, who used to nearly got sea sick every morning when I would rummage around the kitchen too early in the morning for her.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
I've had both. Steadyfast on a 28' TT and Strongarms on our 38' 5er. IMHO they work equally well, and I'd be looking more at which costs less rather than worrying about which is better. The only real difference in my experience is the Strongarm system weighs a lot more than the Steadyfast.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
My word the underside of that thing is clean! Did you clean it up just to impress us with the pictures?

Well, I do run the hose on the underside a few times per season to keep it all fresh looking. ๐Ÿ˜‰
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
Thanks for the great report and photos! Where did you order from?

Directly from the manufacturer, very good to deal with and prompt shipping.

My father was looking them over last night and he was equally impressed with the build quality and how rock solid the unit is now.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the steadyfast on mine. 5er is in the driveway and it feels very solid. We will be heading out for 10 days this coming Saturday and we will find out just how well they work. I installed them myself. Packaging and instructions were great.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great report and photos! Where did you order from?
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
SanMarMor wrote:
I have the JT and they work great. It looks like the Steadyfast only goes on one front leg and one rear jack. If that's the case, that doesn't seem good to me. I would go with the JT or JT style by other manufacturers, and get full stabilization, not just one in front and one in back.

Mark

You obviously have not looked at the Steadyfast setup, and have no idea, they actually accomplish the same as the JT's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
SanMarMor wrote:
I have the JT and they work great. It looks like the Steadyfast only goes on one front leg and one rear jack. If that's the case, that doesn't seem good to me. I would go with the JT or JT style by other manufacturers, and get full stabilization, not just one in front and one in back.

Mark

X2! BUT

The OP has already placed the order for Steadyfast system, I agree that the double bracing of the front legs and center bracing of the back make for a rock solid stance, and I don't have X chocks.

The Steadyfast has three braces , two in the front ,one side to side, and one front to rear. Then one side to side in the rear.

If you just let common sense kick in, and think about the bracing you should come to the same conclusion I did, and the reason I went with the Steadyfast system.

The front brace side to side prevents any motion side to side in the front, the front brace that goes from front to back , prevents any motion from back to front. The side to side back brace prevents any motion from side to side in the rear.

The JT Strong arms serve the same function, but cannot be anymore stable then the Steadyfast. They both use the same principal, but in a little different way.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
SanMarMor wrote:

Mark

Steadyfast uses 2on the front with each going different direction to stabilize & then a 3rd on rear. At least that's what I have.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
My word the underside of that thing is clean! Did you clean it up just to impress us with the pictures?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Landroamer1
Explorer
Explorer
Satisfied Steadyfast user here also
14 GMC 2500 HD D/A 2018 Wildcat 375 MC

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate it when people like you keep us up to date and pictures are great.