cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Landing gear

ret-miner
Explorer
Explorer
Having a bad hip and back is anybody build a block to put under the landing leg so a person don't have to get down to release the leg slide to pin it in place. thinking of building one10in wide by 12 long by 9in high would save me from getting down and no wife can not do it bad knees,any feed back will be appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

Barkie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recommend using high blocks under the landing gear of a fifth wheel. I witnessed a guy bump his hitch while trying to connect and knocked the landing gear off the blocks. The trailer landed on his truck and dented the body. If the landing gear falls off a 8 inch block then it drops 8 inches onto your truck. A simple pad under the landing gear is fine. Sorry this does not help you avoid bending over to place your landing gear but will help you avoid fixing your pick-up!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just use the 'handle end' (loop) on my awning rod to pull pin out...then let them snap in place

I also use the 'hook end' of awning rod to lift the inner leg back up

Not a fan of high blocks under landing gear legs.....wobbly

I do use a board under them to spread weight
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen blocks like that RV'ers have built. The one I liked the most the RV'er had added a staple shaped piece of steel rod that stuck up from the block at a slight angle about two feet. He used this to maneuver each block into place. He hardly had to bend over.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I always get down on one knee for that process. I haven't figured a way to make it any easier - and my mind is always trying to think of ways of doing tasks easier. ๐Ÿ™‚