cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCI Question

brnzbk
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a noobe and after watching several LCI 6 point videos my question is why would you leave the back 4 levelers down while raising the front landing gear, wouldn't that put undue pressure on the back levelers and the frame? When I get ready to hook up I raise the rear levelers first and then the landing gear to hook up to the tow vehicle. Am I doing something wrong or perhaps not understanding the videos? Thanks for your help.
2015 F350 CC LB Lariat 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
B&W Companion
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Because the Rear Jacks are plumbed together, Right together and Left together, so as you lift the front the increased pressure on the rear jacks causes the fluid to flow from the them into those middle jacks, thus keeping the pressure on the frame equal at all times.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
There is a mercury bubble level incorporated into the system. When you raise the front, the level changes and causes the back legs to retract as needed. So in answer to your question, raising the front does not increase the stress on the back legs.

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
With level up all legs work in unison....this keeps frame level and square.

When we hook up I use button on front of fiver to move landing gear...Once on truck I hit auto retract to lift four rear legs...had it since 2009 never had a problem doing it the way LCI instructs.
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel