cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Light quick question

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the LED lights on E-Bay. A lot of them don't list the 921 bulb as a cross reference #. As long as it is a T10 cross reference will it work for the 921 cross?? Just want to know before I order them. :@
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK
7 REPLIES 7

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are unsure then just buy ONE. Then if it suits your needs then replace the rest. Some LED replacement may not be the bright enough for you or may be the blueish type light source etc... I looked for something that would give me 400-500 LUMENS in my ceiling lights... Also it seems the WARM WHITE was the best one to replace the incandescent type automotive bulbs... The COOL WHITE LEDs that put off a BLUEISH light was very hard for me to read from.

I first ended up with COMMAND ELECTRONICs PN 170-111 which are 510 LUMEN Boards that stick up inside the DUAL and SINGLE Ceiling light fixtures - They put off excellent light. For my other sockets Porch Light- a couple of Bed Area lights I used the LEDTRAILER ROUND LEDs PN 921-380 which are 380 LUMENS. They are excellant lights as well.

All of these LED change outs will drastic reduce my Battery Drain when camping-in-the woods by 80% they tell me. All was going great for me until I did go camping way-back-in-the-woods and found that all of these regulated type of LEDs lights put off a small amount of RFI which in my case interfered with my weak radio and tv reception. With any LED light "ON" my OVER-THE-AIR HDTV reception would totally BLANK OUT. My NOAH WEATHER RADIO reception would not work as well. My Amateur Radio reception was very reduced. All of these Radio/TV units were on OUTSIDE ANTENNAS. When I turned OFF the LED light everything started working as before...

To fix this problem and with much help from CamperPaul, SMKETTNER, and KendallP along with a whole host of others I replaced half of my CEILING LED lights with a SMD BOARD 36-1210 type LED 252 LUMENS (Ebay from CHINA @ $4.99) that does not incorporate an ON-BOARD regulator that allows the board to operate between 8-30VDC using what is known as a BUCK REGULATOR circuit. I have tried a couple of these non-regulated boards and they work fine with NO RFI signals being produced. With my DC Voltage range of 13.2 to 14.4VDC they seem to work just fine but the experts tell me their life span may be reduced somewhat as their operating voltage range spec is not that high but at $4.99 each probably no big deal.

Here is good link for switching to LEDs
LED INFO LINK

You will have to decide what is best for your liking... You can spend lots of monies on LEDs. We are very happy with the $4.99 EBAY/CHINA leds for our setup... Try one and see how it works in your trailer.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

8_1al
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using these for 2 yrs. now http://filamentfree.com/ and love them. Great color,very bright and they don't fail like some of the expensive ones.

I have no interest in this business just trying to help everyone find a quality LED at a fair price
"No matter where you go, there you are" 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD,xcab with 8.1 and Allison transmission, 4:10, 2wd, towing "04" Montana 3575RL.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm running a handful of these 921s

They are T10 style and fit in place of 906, 921, 922
Bob

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK

GrWhiteNorth
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered 912 (with a T10 base). From what I read they are the same as the 921. Just rec'd them today, so I haven't had a chance to see if they fit, but they look right.
2008 KZ Coyote 20C
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Me too! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

RetSgt7114
Explorer
Explorer
They will work. I changed over all my 921's with these LED's.

Bighorns wrote:
Looking at the LED lights on E-Bay. A lot of them don't list the 921 bulb as a cross reference #. As long as it is a T10 cross reference will it work for the 921 cross?? Just want to know before I order them. :@
------------------------------------------------------------------
Gulfstream Yellowstone
USAF Veteran
US Army Veteran
Retired LEO 34 years