cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for guidance for a first timer :)

nykolas
Explorer
Explorer
Hi

Early in spring I bought 2008 Everest 33 foot keystone fifth wheel. I'm using it and had it installed on a piece of land that I have …. Without any utilities so basically I am boondocking ?

Here is my question I originally thought it would be easy to find someone with RV expertise to be able to come and open up the fifth wheel and set it up and at the same time explain to me the various basics etc. etc..

It turns out in the region where I am I just could not find anyone ... even the closest repair centre is over 100 miles away and they do not send maintenance or technicians I have to bring the fifth wheel to them (not possible).

My main problem is to get a good walk-through with somebody that has expertise and can answer all my newbie questions.

I've course of tried the basic googling and watched a ton of videos

But specifically I was wondering if I could find someone that I could perhaps Skype/video with and ask various questions. I am a little bit of a handyman and understand the basics of electricity, plumbing etc. but of course a fifth wheel is very specific and has its own tips and tricks ?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Nicholas
20 REPLIES 20

nykolas
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the replies 🙂 it is truly appreciated !

my first question would be with the air conditioner:)

I have not yet turned it on. Are there any measures that should be taken? or is it simply powered it on and turn it on?

How long do these air-conditioners typically work?

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
nykolas, don't sell yourself short. With any kind of "handyman" experience you should be able to easily get your 5th up and running. Check out YouTube videos. Especially, ask questions in these forums.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure he means he bought, in the spring of this year, a 5th wheel that is a 2008 model.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
In 11 years, you still don't know what you're doing????????
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

coachman05
Explorer
Explorer
Like what kind of questions do u have? I think most have a basic routine or order when it comes to setting up and packing up after each trip. Sounds like you have your rig parked on your property and don't move it?
2008 8244 Rockwood
2003 1500 5.3 liter Silverado

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to an RV park. Ask campers you see to come out to your site. Wish I was closer. An alternative is to post a picture here and ask a question or two. Look for those with solar. Many are self installed.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad