cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for recomendations

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
I have been RVing for the last 10 years, in class C and Class A models. In the near future I would like to try a5th wheel. I have the truck to tow it with, Dodge 2500. DW wants two things, king size bed, and a front living room. Just the two of us and the two dogs, I am thinking 31 to 36 feet? What would you recomend? And what to look for and or stay a way from. Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
s just lookin at a Keystone 3750FL at an rv show here, was a nice unit, very roomy just like a small house, to have 2 slides on the door side and still squeeze a 17 foot awning on there without a slide hogging all the space is pretty good.
if size and weight were not a concern I would go for it, maybe when we retire and go coast to coast for a few years.
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer

Check out the 333FWFLS by Sprinter.

Not nearly as long and heavy as other FL's...
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

allimax
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to me an FL tends to have a lot of pin weight. Be sure to figure what your 3/4 ton can handle on the axle before taking the plunge.
2010 Montana 3455SA
Mor/Ride kingpin, wet bolts, Progressive Ind. HW-50C EMS,TST 507RV TPMS, GY G614's
'07.5 Silverado D/A LMM 3500HD
Extended Cab DRW 4x4 LTZ
Bilstein, Reese R20, Banks Economind tuner, Speedbrake, RamAir, Monster exhaust

soling2003
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots out there, just have to keep looking for what will fit your liking. Let me be the first to say to just be careful weight wise with the 2500, depending on the year. And don't just you dry weights.

You may have to go up and down steps every time you go to the bedroom or bathroom in a rear living room set up, but most of your day to day things are on the same floor level. Try one out doing your daily routine.
DW and 2 dogs
2011 Ford F350 Dually LB 4x4 CC 6.7 diesel
2007 Grand Junction 35TMS
Peterson 37(just sold) T-37 R/C Sailboat at home

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the Columbus FL model mentioned:
Columbus 370FL
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
DTalyor, that may be an issue, but on the other hand every time you use the bathroom or go to the bedroom you have to go up and down steps as well with the conventional layout.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the pics of the Open Range 386FLR. We loved the way it looked but chose a front king bed instead.
Click here to see floor plans and pics

jeb182
Explorer
Explorer
Try the Columbus line. They have a lot for the money and are very nice.

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
NM...

My mistake.

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
I have looked at several with front living and really like the layout. The only down side is up and down steps every time you go in or out. That may not be an issue for you, but my knees cant handle it for an extended period
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone 3750FL, it's more like 39 to 40' but very nice.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually