cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low Water Pressure

brihvac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Cedar Creek 36' 5ver that I have kept in a campground since I bought it new. I have HORRIBLE water pressure. I have checked and replaced the incoming screen, tried with and without pressure regulator, pushed the check valve in and out to make sure it was free, and replaced incoming hose. When I first got the trailer it had a incoming filter that I removed because I had no water pressure. I have been running it with no filter since (2003). When I take a shower the water barely comes out. If you turn on a sink it stops coming out completely. I can barely shower its really bad. The water pressure coming in the trailer seems good but inside its horrible. Please help.
23 REPLIES 23

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II
When my holding tanks get full, My water pressure does the same thing. Maybe something else to look into, with the holding tank sensors.
2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
I've been in some CG's with weak water pressure so I suggest you start with checking the pressure before it goes into the rig. Need to know what you are starting with. When I'm in one of these CG's I fill my fresh water tank and run my pump to get a better shower. Then turn the pump off and use the weak city water pressure to flush toilets etc..

Other than checking all the screens, aerators, "y" valve at water supply with narrow passages, etc... you might try removing the flow restrictors. I drilled out the shower flow restrictor and changed the shower head to get a better shower.

There is flow rate and then there is pressure. Most pressure regulators etc restrict flow rate which is needed for a proper shower.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

brihvac
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to have a good look at everything this weekend. I will pull the aerators out of the sinks and the shower head off and see what the pressure is like.

I believe the only thing the valve does behind the water heater is bypass the heater. Am I wrong? Outside shower is off.

My wife will be astatic if I get this straightened out.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
are the valves behind the water heater in the right position?? and another place to look is the out side shower. are both the hot and cold turned off.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
take the shower head off the hose, aerators off the faucets. Is flow good then? I suspect they are clogged.

brihvac
Explorer
Explorer
I have never used the storage tank but to pump antifreeze through the system. The issue is with all the faucets so its definitely something coming in. I do not think I have an incoming regulator but I will check and see this weekend when I go down.

kcmoedoe
Explorer
Explorer
There most likely is a pressure regulator that came pre-installed in the rig. It has probably failed. Do you get good pressure when you switch to the water pump and storage tanks? If so, the problem lies between where you connect the hose and the valve that switches from city water to fill (it could also be that valve). If you have bad pressure from the pump also, the problem is further in. Could be a crimped hose, debris clogged at a junction or there might be yet another filter in the line you haven't found.

brihvac
Explorer
Explorer
The incoming water runs through the pump? If there are screens there that might be it. I have been running the campground water through there with no filter since 03.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
screens in the end of the pump? each end where they attach to the pump. faucet screen?