cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MDT Freightliner w/ Chariot Hauler - air ride hitch choice??

im_1406
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Freightliner set up with a chariot hauler bed. Currently it has a CurtQ20 and I would like to convert it to a TrailerSaver. Going with the TS3, I can use the already installed rails without having to do any drilling but I feel like I'm cheating myself out of a future hauling possibilities. I would really like to go with the TSLB (32K rated)....my concern is with a ride height of 11", my fifth wheel will may not clear the hauler body. The CURTQ sits 1" above the hauler body height and provides 5.5" clearance between the 5th and the hauler body.

The hauler body sits 14" above the mounting plate, so the TSLB would ride of 11" would be 3" shy of the hauler body?

Any experience out there is appreciated! Will be towing cyclone 4200 (so under 20K or under.)
2 REPLIES 2

drfife
Explorer
Explorer
Did you consider an AirSafe 5th wheel hitch?
Russell
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE

fsujeeper
Explorer
Explorer
i installed the tslb on our truck, had to set it between the frame rails to get the hitch height correct. If I set the tslb on top of the frame the head would of been too high and pulled the trailer nose heavy.

go check out escapees. they have a section for medium duty and heavy duty trucks.

mark