cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture need some help

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
In the night stand in the bedroom slide I believe we are getting moisture in there somehow. We keep a plastic zip bag with lamps in there when we travel. When we take it out the bag is wet a little. I have felt around on the wall and carpet and I can feel the dampness. When I take a paper towel I do not soak up any water. Now we did have some towels in there as well and they had what felt to be a wet spot.
Now I have a window in the side wall where the moisture seams to below it. We have not had any rain for 3 days and this morning when we were packing up to go home it was damp again. Can the cool mornings bring moisture through an improper seal of the window?
When the slide is open the bottom sits about 5 feet above the ground.

Any ideas of where the moisture or water is coming from?
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
4 REPLIES 4

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I'd vote for condensation, too. I've been traveling in the southeast for quite a while and the humidity has been high, to say the least. I couldn't understand how one of my straw hats, sitting on the dining room table was getting wet in spots. I looked all over for leaks but finally came to the realization the hat was absorbing moisture from the air. I'll be happy to return to the southwest later this year where the humidity is low!
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

fnswhitfield
Explorer
Explorer
If the moisture occurs only when you're using the trailer, it's likely condensation. You might also check the window closely to see if the weep holes in the frame are plugged.
I once had a trailer that had windows installed with open cell foam seals as a gasket on the outer window frame. This stuff wicked water through from outside. Had to remove all windows and reinstall with proper seals.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
One of our bedroom slides leaked and it cost $2000 to fix. It is best you find the source quickly. The night stand was the first place it showed up.

jtaylor1920
Explorer
Explorer
Is it condensation? Do you keep your roof vents and a window or two open a bit to help vent your unit?
John, Laurie & the 2 Schnauzers (Mazie & Obi)
2016 GMC Duramax Dually
2018 Cardinal 3350RLX
B&W Companion Hitch