cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montana Front Cap Graphics

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
So I washed my 2015 Mountaineer today and waited for the sun to settle a little and went at it with the Mequiars Flagship wax. The decals are very brittle unlike the ones on my Previous Cardinal. Already a few places where just bug hits have scratched thru the decal. I waxed it up good and may put a second coat on it, maybe that will help??

The Decals should hold up better, only had it out 3 times.... If it gets worse I'm gonna call the dealer before a year hits.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually
7 REPLIES 7

TopSlink
Explorer
Explorer
You can't even get them anymore they only keep 5 years from current model couldn't get any for my o8 and yes they are exspensive I bought some for the truck to match the 5r and the truck ones are perfect trl is shot, its all a matter of application they just don't know how to do it properly or are just sloppy

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
The decals on the front of my '09 Montana Mountaineer 5th are peeling bad. I park in the shade at my house also. I'd replace them if I knew I could do it cheaply.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
The graphics on our 2009 CC Silverback are holding up fairly well. The bear on the rear does have a crack, but it is not peeling up. The color of all the graphics are holding up very well....very slight fade on the sunny side. I also use 303 protectant on my decals quite often.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Mine look great as far as color they just seem to be very thin and not able to handle even bug hits going down the road. I scrubbed with a spong trying to get some bug splatter off and while trying the top layer of the decal started coming off. As a whole it all still looks like new and it should cause it is new. I'm gonna keep lots of wax on the front decal and clean with care.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The graphics on my FW have held up pretty well. On the side that gets more sun, parked on my pad at home, I can notice one color, that is showing a little fade. What is surprising, it is the lighter gold color. The darker blue, and cranberry colors, that get so hot, you can't hold your hand on them, are still like new.

I do put 303 on all graphics.

Jerry

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand Keystone, they've had problems galore in the past with their graphics and yet in some cases they still can't get it right! In '09 we bought a "new" '08 Montana Mountaineer, within two years the graphics were beginning to peel off the front. In the fall of 2011 we bought a new 2011 Montana. The dealer agreed to keep it on his lot for us until the next spring when we would pick it up. While making this deal, they (Pete's RV) pointed out that the graphics were already beginning to peel! They told us before we pick it up next spring they would be getting new graphics from Keystone and reapplying them.

My wife and I took a tour of the Keystone Montana plant in Goshen later in 2012, while on our tour I asked the gentleman that conducted the tour what the deal was with the bad graphics. At that time he said they knew they had "problems" and had started using a different vendor for the graphics, he even gave me their name, which escapes me now.

I just don't get it, why is it some graphics stick and look good for years and yet others not so much?

Dan

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
The graphics on my 2012 Montana are like new. We full time so the unit is always outside in the weather and all we do is wash it 2 or 3 times a year.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD