cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Montana or Silverback input please

Maurice45
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have a 2012 3100RL montana hickory edition but are thinking or trading to get some new features. weve had a great experience with it but the new floorplans arent to our liking. The Cedar Creek Silverback 331K might but I would like input from owners about quality and their overall satisfaction. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

tko9900
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2013 29RE . Nice-es trailer I have ever owned. Have no complaints about anything. I hate the term entry level. How about different model. I don't want the longer & heavier Cedar Creek.

rmayo38895
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Montana and I am in the process of having a new roof put on because of poor workmanship from the factory and they will not pay any of the cost, The rubber roof started coming loose from the membrane,They say this is not a manufacturer defect, I have had other issues with this trailer as well,Unit is 13 months old,So I would say go with anything other than a Montana,Read the Montana Forums,There is a lot of problems with the Montana roof and Keystone does not want to stand behind their product. Hope this helps you in making your decision.

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking at Montanas until we stepped into an Alpine. Not many dealers around but saw them at an RV show and bought one a year later.

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our 33IK for a year. The only issue I've had was a defector CO2 detector. The dealer mailed a new one and I replaced it myself. Our current unit has not needed to go back to the dealer. The SOB 5th wheels we had all went back to the dealer numerous times and one had to go back to the factory. So far I really like the idea of the hung wall vs. the laminated wall construction. That was a major reason we went with CC. PM if you have additional questions.

Mark
Mark and Dianna
along with Hank the Wonderdog
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have one but I dislike the cathedral ceiling slideouts for 3 reasons. No slide toppers, possible water runoff inside the trailer while retracting slides and finally, depending on floor plan ( 33IK) rain water dumping right on the front steps. Love everything else otherwise.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Silverback will be a step down from your Montana. In the FR specifically Cedar Creek line up the Silverback is considered the entry point. Not that they are not nicelly equipped, but just saying. Their floor plans are geared more toward families.
Our CC is fast approaching 12 years old. Except for some wear it still looks like new. I can still call CC parts and have the correct part a week later via UPS.