cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

More questions? New 5er?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
OK, Montana 375FL (2019 model). Brand new.

It has a back up camera on the back. So, the question is, what do I need (parts and stuff) to use it? And how is it wired? Unfortunately, this didn't come with any instructions. Any clues anyone?
12 REPLIES 12

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Splashers3 wrote:
There are 2 different kinds of camera systems:
1. A Back-up camera works when vehicle is placed in reverse.
2. An Observation camera is the one that allows you to see who is behind you while you are driving down the road.

During our PDI, we were told that we had to have the truck's running lights on in order for our wireless observation camera to come on, and the display needed about 5 seconds to power on once plugged in....and were given the box containing the display unit with a mount.

I use it when traffic is heavy and like it. I did have to climb up and adjust the look-down angle to get a wider/further view of what was behind me.

Out of curiosity, do you have the ability to record off your rear cam?

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
There are 2 different kinds of camera systems:
1. A Back-up camera works when vehicle is placed in reverse.
2. An Observation camera is the one that allows you to see who is behind you while you are driving down the road.

During our PDI, we were told that we had to have the truck's running lights on in order for our wireless observation camera to come on, and the display needed about 5 seconds to power on once plugged in....and were given the box containing the display unit with a mount.

I use it when traffic is heavy and like it. I did have to climb up and adjust the look-down angle to get a wider/further view of what was behind me.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
On my Noth Point the monitor is wireless. It is activated when I turn my headlights on.
We love it, we use it all the time when traveling it really helps to see traffic behind and around you especially when trying to change lanes.

Very surprised dealer did not cover that in the PDI.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
leggy wrote:
My reflection came with a furion camera mounted in rear but no monitor. I have always wondered why a monitor didn't come with it.

It came with a bracket for the camera mounted in the rear, and the wiring from the running light to the bracket to power the camera. Not the camera or the monitor. Furrion / Lippert provides the RV manufacturer the bracket gratis in the hope you then run out and buy their OVERPRICED GARBAGE.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
My reflection came with a furion camera mounted in rear but no monitor. I have always wondered why a monitor didn't come with it.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
JKJavelin wrote:
Many are backup camera "ready" with the mounting plate for the camera installed and wired on the trailer. Maybe you're just seeing that. You would've seen the monitor easily enough if it were there with all the manuals and stuff. Do you see the camera lens?

What ^^^ he said. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
next year come to the goshe rally.

but, for what it is worth, DON"T use the back up system, use your wife!
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many are backup camera "ready" with the mounting plate for the camera installed and wired on the trailer. Maybe you're just seeing that. You would've seen the monitor easily enough if it were there with all the manuals and stuff. Do you see the camera lens?
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
What? It wasn't covered in the PDI?! Shocking, I tell you, SHOCKING! (GD&RLH!!) :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Mbiviano wrote:
Took it back to dealer and waited 3 months to get a replacement at which point I figured out the wife was a better backup camera and haven't used it since.

On my old rig that had a backup camera, I used it almost exclusively when going forward. Really liked seeing who was tailgating me on the highway.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Mbiviano
Explorer
Explorer
Did you get a display screen with it to get the make/model?

I would climb up and see about taking the camera off and see if it's hardwired or wireless. Mine was hardwired and worked off being in reverse; others are different I hear. Someone probably has more experience with them.

Mine came from the dealer already installed. Mine wasn't working and I had trouble finding the inline fuseholder buried in the basement within all the wires. It didn't have a fuse in it and once I put a fuse in there, it kept blowing, at which point I finally figured out it was a bad camera. Took it back to dealer and waited 3 months to get a replacement at which point I figured out the wife was a better backup camera and haven't used it since.
Matt
2015 Forest River Wildcat 337FB Bunkhouse
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW PSD LB
Me/Wife/Twins/Dog

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhere in the 4โ€ thick bag of manuals there is bound to be something on the camera.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk