cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NADA GUIDES

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used Nada guides recently? I can not get Nada to price my RV. What has happened to NADA? I have used NADA guides a lot in the past many times. I was able to find it. It is working great. Needed to look harder.
5 REPLIES 5

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used NADA a few days ago, and when I pointed out to a dealer that their asking price for a 5th wheel I was interested in was $14K more than the NADA value,and only $2K less than NEW units, they got pretty offended.

"Well, I don't know where you would have got that number from compared to our unit?" - dealer
Sent the link to the NADA value.
"Well, I guess if you can find one for that price I guess you should buy it. Good luck" - dealer

Next day:
"If you'd still like to make an offer I can run it past the Manager" - dealer.

LOL - me

Was kind of surprised that they wouldn't think people would check such things.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Remember, NADA = North American DEALERS Association.

So, you'll find their evals of ANY vehicle is higher than what it's true worth is. And true worth is what a willing seller and a willing buyer agree too.

I use to test NADA values against Blue Book for cars back in the days when I bought a new-2-me used vehicle every 2 years and they were generally 15% higher then the Blue Book. Most savvy buyers wouldn't pay higher than Blue Book prices but would price their vehicles when they sold them at NADA value.

I would say if you do find a NADA price for any rig, you wouldn't want to pay that much.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to use NADA. Thank you! I did not look hard enough.

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
The webpage is working. Are you unable to find your specific RV?

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
I have used NADA but usually check RV Trader and Craigslist to compare prices.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)