cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Full Body Paint Job

scottandgaye
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got tired of the old, faded, cracked decals on the fifth wheel. We took it to Mike's Custom Painting in Bremen, IN (just south of South Bend) and he stripped the entire thing then repainted it with a four color paint job and three coats of clear coat. We love the new look! Now we are working on the interior to improve it. We also had the roof replaced at the same time, since it was almost ten years old. We plan to keep it for another ten years or so, then decide what we want to go with in retirement. Here are some before and after photos.

Before:

After:

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

2022 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB
31 REPLIES 31

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a difference! Looks terrific.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bolljl
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks awesome.
I would also recommend Mike's Custom Painting.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS
2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System
AIRSAFE, Air Hitch

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
That really looks beautiful!:)

I have contacted them for an estimate on our 30 foot travel trailer. I'll let you know what that turns out to be.

Like many of you, our trailer is in great shape even though it is 17 years old. I would like to keep it that way so my son can use it in his campground when we are done or gone.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Stunning!
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

scottandgaye
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you who made such nice comments on it. Yes, it was pricey to have done, but, since we plan to keep it for so long, it made sense to us.

The color scheme is actually from DRV Elite Suites. Mike's does all of the full body paint for them and I had them modify the scheme slightly to fit our coach. If you pull up Kona Sands on the Elite Suites website, you can see how similar they are. In fact, I had to get permission from DRV for Mike to be able to replicate it on mine.

We think it too looks great and was well worth the money. The other was so faded and cracked (and the roof had been patched due to previous damage) that we just thought if we are going to keep it, we might as well fix it up.

Now I am focusing on the interior (when we are not using it). I am redoing the tile backsplash, replacing the existing carpeting with new, replacing the wood floor in the kitchen, updating the bathroom fixtures, etc. I haven't decided if I am going to paint any of the interior cabinets or leave them the existing stained cherry. A lot of units now are coming out with white cabinetry. So, I need to do my research before I go down that path. Will post more photos of it when we go to the Tetons next month and when I really make progress on the interior. Thanks again for all of the kind words!

Scott
2022 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful. No other way to describe it. The paint scheme looks a lot like the full body paint scheme option NuWa offered on the Champagne before they ceased production. Keep her shined up!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
:C :C :C

Rug
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mike does a great job.

You need to post it on the NuWa owners forum.
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Likes to tow wrote:
It's probably a much better RV than you can buy today!! Seems like furniture and cabinets are especially cheaper quality than just a few years ago. It's common now to hear of leather peeling off the sofa and cabinets with the finish coming off. Wish we had kept our old Crossroads Cruiser and just did an upgrade. Now the factories are trying to meet the unprecedented demand for RV's and quality could really take a hit.

Exactly why we are keeping ours and maintaining it. Replacing the decals or body painting it is maintenance really, but an upgrade. Our decals will be around $3700, parts and labor. I read that a full body paint job can be $12 - 15K.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Likes_to_tow
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's probably a much better RV than you can buy today!! Seems like furniture and cabinets are especially cheaper quality than just a few years ago. It's common now to hear of leather peeling off the sofa and cabinets with the finish coming off. Wish we had kept our old Crossroads Cruiser and just did an upgrade. Now the factories are trying to meet the unprecedented demand for RV's and quality could really take a hit.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Hole Smackaroonie !!!! That's absolutely beautiful!!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely beautiful, but the cost may deter me. We have a 2011 Bighorn, top quality so are keeping it. We just had the decals replaced with laminated decals. Probably more affordable and will look like new. The inside of ours is still stylish so we're good there.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

WOW ! ! ! That shows how much a paint job can totally change the entire look of a trailer !

Did you pick the design, or did they have many to choose from? I am just curious as my friend has a TT he wants to do that to at some point in the near future.

IF this is your first Full Body Paint, YOU WILL LOVE IT ! ! ! They are sooooooooo easy to care for !

Enjoy it,

FTG
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful job!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your face must be hurting from smiling so much. It looks great. I like the new lights on top and the black painted stabilizers (or is it just the lighting)...makes for a nice touch and keeps it sharp looking. The painter should use photos of your rig for advertising.