Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Sailun tires

selnoil
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Back a month and a half ago I asked about tires after we had a 4 year old Towmax (Blowmax) do a ton of damage to our unit. Most of you advocated for the Sailun S637 (which in this years model of our unit keystone puts on them). Did a bunch of research and calling around to find locally the tires were really expensive and only sold by commercial truck suppliers. Got on SimpleTire and found them much less expensive, almost half the price. Some of you expressed concern that they sell old tires but I am writing to say the 235/80R16's I got were April this year so I am very pleased. They delivered very quickly and I am very impressed with the tire. I've driven and owned commercial trucks most of life and these tires are everything you all talked them up to be and more. Looking forward to going on a trip with them this next weekend. They look much more stout with very little squat so hopefully my near 40' trailer isn't all over the place anymore. Thanks for the tips folks!! By the way, finding the rim rating was easy once I found they were made by SenDel (stamped on the back of the rim), they have all the info on their website.
19 REPLIES 19

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The Sailun 16" ST G S637 were talking about is a commercial class tire made for commercial work.... NOT a car tire.

This from S637 website;

ST sizes featuring all steel construction are
specifically designed for use in specialty trailer applications.
Applications:
• Pickup and Delivery Trucks
• Regional Trucks
• Line-Haul Trucks
• Regional Trailers
• Low Platform Trailers
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at some Sailun tires for a car the other day. Made in Vietnam which did not necessarily rule them out. The warranty seems to closely follow well known brands but the last sentence got my attention:

WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
• Ride complaints after the first 2/32” of tread wear or replacement of 3 or more tires
from the same vehicle will not be accepted.
• Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical deficiencies or failure to rotate
the tires at recommended intervals.
• Tires on any vehicle registered, and normally operated outside Canada.
• Damage from incorrect mounting or dismounting of the tire, incorrect application, water
or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting or failure to balance the tires.
• Damage from over or under inflation, overloading, fire, theft, and defective vehicle
mechanical conditions.
• Damage from racing, off road use and misapplication of tire to vehicle.
• Damage from abuse, misuse, tire alteration or a tire that has been run flat.
• Any tires worn beyond the wear indicators. (Less than 2/32” remaining tread depth).
• Flat spotting caused by improper storage or brake lock.
• Damage from accident, chemical corrosion, tire alteration or vandalism.
• Tire which D.O.T. identification number and/or brand name removed intentionally.
• Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
• Tires used on Recreational Vehicles (For camping & Motor homes, etc.) or in commercial
service.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I bought my Sailun tires from SimpleTire they were only a couple months old.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my Sailuns from SimpleTire.com about a month ago. The local installers were impressed with how "fresh" they were. The DOT dates were from late March to early April. They are some stout tires. I only have about 80 towing miles on mine since I'm waiting for the damage to be repaired from the tire blowout Memorial Day. In the shop getting repaired and I will have it this week. My purchase experience with SimpleTire was a good one.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good deal, and thanks for the update.