cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tires for my 16K fifth wheel

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked my current Goodyear G614 RST tires for age and they are five and a half years old. They are load range G LT235/85/R16. This is the first set I’ve ever NOT had a blowout on. Basically trouble free. First question, should I age them out at five years? Second question, though these Goodyear’s have finally been good tires with zero problems, are there any recommendations as to a better choice? I am most concerned with no blowouts. I’ve had my share of experiences and don’t want any more. I am fastidious with air pressure and keep my TST TPMS active at all times when towing. What do you think is the best choice if indeed I should age out at five years. Thanks for any recommendations. I am okay with replacing these with the identical tire since finally I’m getting good service from a tire. I have relatively new HiSpec rims and don’t want to move to a 17.5 rim because of expense. Again, thanks for any thoughts.
30 REPLIES 30

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are those tire ST or LT type? If LT then we just installed 4 new Goodrich Commercial LT tires on our TT. They have very good recommendations. Michelins are often highly rated but quite expensive. As to aging out that depends on the tire condition, are they cracked, lots of tread left? You have to make the decision.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper