cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbies to 5th wheeling &need some advice

Curlida
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I did it! We bought a '16 Montana 3711 FL and pk it up next Weds. We are very green on this and will need to pk up some accessories, we were told, like tp and a sewer extension pipe and we're not sure what else. We heard there are check lists available online that we can print for all sorts of things like what you should have, what you should check, etc. Can anyone point me to these? Also, we need to join a club (Good SAMs??). Is this the best club to join? This community has been very helpful with our other requests and I thank you very much for that. Thanks for any insight you can provide a couple of old farts and their dogs starting a new life adventure!
18 REPLIES 18

Reng8d
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new 5er!!!! Sounds like a really nice coach...you may need additional items for leveling can be 2X6 blocks or the kind you can purchase unless you have a leveling systedm then maybe just pads for the base of the leveler. Just think of basic items you use at home for starter...Remember extra items equates to extra weight that you may not nee to tug around the country side...

Happy RVing....
Stephen and Nancy ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at these threads for beginning advice. You will need, at least, sewer hookups, potable water hose (white), pots and pans, plates and cups, silverware and then food stuffs. Other stuff can be purchased along the way at either a Walmart or thrift store such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.

Beginning FAQs
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
Take somebody with you that knows RVs for your walk through before you sign the final papers. I was a total newbie and they did the walk through before they had even finished cleaning it from the factory. They then did as little as possible after that point. After taking delivery, we had to actually clean the unit as there was manufacturer debris everywhere.

We also didn't know which questions to ask. I hear some people spend hours on their walk through. Mine was probably 45 minutes. I simply didn't know the right questions to ask or to actually know what I was looking at.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you get everything on every list you get here you'll spend more money then you did on you 5th wheel. You should get a sewer hose and a potable water hose with your camper and that's all you need. Go camping and find out what you want and make your own list.