cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nu-Wa 1995 Hitchhiker II 25RKSG - dinette table size?

fujiapple
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

We own a Nu-Wa 1995 Hitchhiker II 25RKSG. It is the exact model shown in this old ad online: http://www.motorhomeclassifieds.com/169569.html

The trailer is parked up at our vacation property... we won't be up there again until sometime in the spring. I'd like to replace the existing dinette table with a small folding wooden table, but I need to know what size the existing table measures.

I know this is a long-shot, but does anyone have this exact trailer, and if so can you tell me the dimensions of the table that came with it?

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

SuperDutyFiver
Explorer
Explorer
I think the table I had was a 38-and fit fine in the space where a 2 seat dinette was built in-I removed the old and redid the floor in the entire trailer.

Anyhow-I think the 42" should be fine-and you'll be able to jam 5 or 6 chairs around it when its pouring out!

The table I had was the 'dual drop' listed under the link you posted when I looked it up. The chairs look nice that come with yours and not too big-that is key in the RV-finding stuff that's not too big. I bought my table in Kmart I think years ago-and had found chairs that folded(like the ones that come in motorhomes for expanding the dining table)

I'd take a shot and keep what you found-I don't know if you'll find anything better?
36' Carriage Carri-Lite 35rl3
PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4X4 2017 CC short box
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
fujiapple wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. If you look at the photos in the ad I linked to in my first post, you will see that our RV does not have a standard type of built-in dinette with bench seats. It has instead a free-standing rectangular table with 2 chairs. I am looking to replace the table with the folding wood table, and also swap out the chairs.

I'm really sorry I didn't look at the ad - you've got a TON of room, it appears!!! Nice RV!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

fujiapple
Explorer
Explorer
jnharley wrote:
Make sure that you have your VIN number available. They can look up just about anything with that, NuWa is not producing RVs right now but their service and parts department are open and busy. They are also selling other brands of RVs (DRV and Lifestyle among others) as the Kansas RV Center.

Unfortunately I do not have the VIN number because the trailer (and its paperwork) is parked up at our family property 3 hours away. If I had access to the VIN number, I would be able to simply walk into the trailer and measure the table/space myself.

I did email Nu-Wa's service department yesterday anyway, with the year and model number. No reply yet.

fujiapple
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
My "standard" dinette table is 23" x 43".

Your 42" round table won't work unless you're tearing out the entire dinette, and even then, it will be really TIGHT. If you figure each chair requires an additional 24"; then you need a space approx 7'6" square.

If you're keeping the dinette seats, then with the leaf folded down, there's no place for knees on that side of the table.

Thanks for the feedback. If you look at the photos in the ad I linked to in my first post, you will see that our RV does not have a standard type of built-in dinette with bench seats. It has instead a free-standing rectangular table with 2 chairs. I am looking to replace the table with the folding wood table, and also swap out the chairs.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
My "standard" dinette table is 23" x 43".

Your 42" round table won't work unless you're tearing out the entire dinette, and even then, it will be really TIGHT. If you figure each chair requires an additional 24"; then you need a space approx 7'6" square.

If you're keeping the dinette seats, then with the leaf folded down, there's no place for knees on that side of the table.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure that you have your VIN number available. They can look up just about anything with that, NuWa is not producing RVs right now but their service and parts department are open and busy. They are also selling other brands of RVs (DRV and Lifestyle among others) as the Kansas RV Center.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
You can call HH with your vin number and they should be able to help you. Their service dept is still in business.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

fujiapple
Explorer
Explorer
Anyway - my urgency in wanting to know the size of the original table is that we might need to return the folding table my husband already bought.. but we can't wait until spring when we next go up to use our trailer, it would be too late to return the table to Amazon by then.

Sigh.

fujiapple
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply!

The folding table you are describing is exactly the sort I had in mind, specifically this one on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Winsome-Wood-42-Inch-Round-Table/dp/B000Y1W8GE

In fact, my husband already purchased this table as my Christmas gift, but now I am second guessing that the 42 inch diameter would be too large.

My plan was to usually only use the table as a half-circle... and fold it down completely when we need more floor space for our 2 sons and their friends to potentially sleep on the floor of the trailer.

Do you think the 42" is too wide to fit in the space that the original dinette table takes up? We would only be using 2 chairs (the ones shown in the link above), and as I said, would usually have this table set up in half-circle mode.

Thanks

SuperDutyFiver
Explorer
Explorer
I bet that table is a 'standard' size that would allow anyone with a travel trailer dinette to get you a rough measurement.

In one of my old trailers I put a small round table in that had two leaves that 'popped' up to complete the circle. Was great for two people when the sides were hanging down and sat 4 comfortably with the sides up
36' Carriage Carri-Lite 35rl3
PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4X4 2017 CC short box
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X