cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OC Superglide owners, can u tow my 15 ft my driveway?

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I need a huge favor! I live next to Disneyland Anaheim Resort (92840), and a new RV has been ordered. I had a F250 short bed F250 PSD truck with auto-slider hitch. It had a engine "cascade failure" and died a horrible death!

I need an helping hand assist from fellow RV.Net 5er owners with a truck and a PullRite Super Glide Auto Slide.

Need to get you to hook to my Jayco 5er, pull it forward about 10-15' in my driveway so I can unload it and clean it up before the new owner shows up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, I'll toss in a 6 pack and fuel for your time. :C

Steve & Carol-7 Jaycos since 1974!
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W
12 REPLIES 12

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
fordsooperdooty wrote:
Thanks all! I paniced because a trailer tow service is going to be there in the morning to take our baby to a new owner. The commercial driver said he would take care of it when he gets here. Whew...I ain't as good with newfangled power tools any more...did you know that some of the new drills don't even plig into a wall socket!

WOW! Whats next...self powered Automobiles?? Makes you wonder wWhats gonna happen to all those unemployed horses? Thanks everyone.

Glad you found a solution. You have been such a contributor on this forum, you deserved as much help as possible.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Not to hijack this, but did anyone see that the A-rated Anaheim RV Resort, right next to Disneyland, has been sold...for a parking lot? ๐Ÿ˜ž

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! I paniced because a trailer tow service is going to be there in the morning to take our baby to a new owner. The commercial driver said he would take care of it when he gets here. Whew...I ain't as good with newfangled power tools any more...did you know that some of the new drills don't even plig into a wall socket!

WOW! Whats next...self powered Automobiles?? Makes you wonder wWhats gonna happen to all those unemployed horses? Thanks everyone.
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you find someone to help. Wish I were in your area. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I know just how you feel. My F350 suffered a similar fate in December.
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
Can't you just remove the Superglide capture plate? That would allow any truck with a 5er hitch to move it for you. If might even be possible to move it straight forward without removing the capture plate, provided the wedge isn't wider than the slot in the hitch.

I'd love to help but I'm 400 miles away.
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox:B

todouble
Explorer
Explorer
take off your capture plate (just a couple screws) and just about any 5th wheel hitch will move that puppy.

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
What fiver did you buy? What are you going to do about a truck?
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
campinginthewoods wrote:
Dayle1 wrote:
Would love to help, but all I can do is make crazy suggestions. Is a Superglide hitch absolutely needed to move the fiver? For 15 ft on a straight, level driveway, what about just lower the pin so it rests in front of the plate, raise the landing gear just an inch off the ground and idle the truck forward?
His truck suffered a engine failure!

Was suggesting some other truck not equipped with the right hitch.
Larry Day
Rig Photos

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help, but have a burning question: why can't the rig be cleaned/emptied right where it is? Seems like an awful lot of effort just to move it fifteen feet...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Dayle1 wrote:
Would love to help, but all I can do is make crazy suggestions. Is a Superglide hitch absolutely needed to move the fiver? For 15 ft on a straight, level driveway, what about just lower the pin so it rests in front of the plate, raise the landing gear just an inch off the ground and idle the truck forward?
His truck suffered a engine failure!
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

That's a shame , Id do it for free if you were not on the wrong coast !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Larry Day
Rig Photos