cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a T H

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking for a new rig for several months now, looks like the Cyclone 2812 or Road Warrior 281 ends up at the top of the list. The Attitude/Stellar 28*** ends up #2 on the list but with less than 12K GVWR I am concerned it will end up overweight.

The problem is no one in So Cal carries the smaller Heartland rigs, they all will order one for us but I am a little concerned about not being able to look at one before I buy it and then be stuck with something were not happy with. At Our age, the truck and T H will be what were stuck with until were not able to travel anymore. The budget won't allow anything else and still have $$ to travel. I have looked at all the pics and specs and the 30' model which have a garage and are no where near the 28' floor plan, but just to see the interior decor and workmanship etc. I like what I see, but nervous about ordering sight unseen.
The good thing, we can go down the list and order exactly what we want.

Has anyone done something like this and how did it turn out ??

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition
14 REPLIES 14

Crazy_Cooter
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Bob, you ever find a 2812? We walked through one this afternoon at CW Redding. Looked at the 4114........ My wife was ready to trade till she heard the price!

Other than the lack of counter top space that is typical of a open plan hauler, it was very nice.
1999 Peterbilt 385
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ
2010 NuWa Hitchhiker 36LKRSB
2012 Cyclone 300C Triple Axle
2013 Can Am Maverick X-RS
2006 KTM 525 EXC CA Plated

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Hi BobWanderer,
We talked briefly a month or so ago about 2812's. I have one and love it. We ordered ours from Holman after looking at one locally. turned out the cost difference paid for the trip and 3 weeks camping coming home and then some.
Happy to take pictures of any thing you want. Post minor PDI squaks it's been rock solid. I was thinking about selling it but decided to put quad steps and a Stromberg Carlson AC530 side handle on it to make it easier for me to get in.
Phone is the best I spoke directly with the Manager of Cyclone before ordering about a few questions.
pm me your email and I'll send some pictures of mine.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
BobWanderer wrote:
mapguy wrote:
Call Heartland Customer Service and ask where the closest unsold unit is sitting for both lines. They should be able to do this very easily.

They DID get back to me and let me know where they have some,
They also let me know of a local dealer that has some coming.

I find that a phone call usually works quicker on these type of inquiries. Glad they did respond!

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
mapguy wrote:
Call Heartland Customer Service and ask where the closest unsold unit is sitting for both lines. They should be able to do this very easily.

They DID get back to me and let me know where they have some,
They also let me know of a local dealer that has some coming.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
I hear you on the big trailers it seems there is more huge 5th wheels then smaller ones its bad enough getting our 29 footer some places we like to go! Then again I am coming from a ford explorer, tent and a single axle trailer !
Gary

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
tanman32225 wrote:
BobWanderer wrote:
mapguy wrote:

You are right the Eclipse RV units lack payload if you want to haul full water and add batteries.

I Emailed Heartland and they did not respond.

There is your FIRST RED FLAG,,.

AGREED !!
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
tanman32225 wrote:
Its a dilemma buying a pig in the poke. I know we looked and looked before we chose. Since your still in the air try looking at the Dutchmen Voltage. They are a great TH. Everyone I talk with loves theirs. The layout is superb. The quality is better than most or at least in my opinion. Give it a whirl...

Unless I missed something looking at their floor plans, there all garage models and we need more than a 10' garage for Our Rhino. Anything with a larger garage is too long and heavy. A garage model would be nice to house our two 4 legged "kids"

I need a shorter rig for getting in and out of our back yard and 30'-32' is the magic number.
Also having a 2500HD with a 13K tow rating limits things. We looked at a few models, the smallest of them was 13K empty, it appears that the majority of he dealers around here only stock the larger units, the exception being the 28' Eclipse and Pacific Coachworks products.
Thanks anyways
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

tanman32225
Explorer
Explorer
BobWanderer wrote:
mapguy wrote:

You are right the Eclipse RV units lack payload if you want to haul full water and add batteries.

There is your FIRST RED FLAG,,.

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
mapguy wrote:

Update:
They did get back to me today and answered my questions.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

FranknDiane
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Voltage! We looked at many brands before making our purchase. We looked at the Voltage first and then we found ourselves comparing the other models we looked at back to the Voltage. We have been using it since last December and have had only one issue with it and it was quickly fixed by our dealership. The issue was with the winterizing system and the Galley sink. Our garage works well for our Harley and when the Harley comes out our teenage son has his own area.
Frank, Diane, Tyler (our teenager) & Duke (the cat)
2012 Chevy 3500HD Duramax,Crew Cab, 4x4,DRW
2013 Voltage 3600
2000 Harley Electra Glide Classic

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I would up-grade wherever possible. Refrigerator, AC, Insulation, Etc. Look at Desert Fox. Good luck and have fun.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
tanman32225 wrote:
Its a dilemma buying a pig in the poke. I know we looked and looked before we chose. Since your still in the air try looking at the Dutchmen Voltage. They are a great TH. Everyone I talk with loves theirs. The layout is superb. The quality is better than most or at least in my opinion. Give it a whirl...

Agreed.

tanman32225
Explorer
Explorer