cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

portable deck with stairs

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
I found 2 sites that have portable deck with stairs. I understand the loss of storage for it. But does anyone use this? My wife and I are have a little trouble with the stairs on the 5th wheel and looking for a better option.

Seems there was a 5th wheel that had a slideout deck. I would love that.
19 REPLIES 19

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
we've been using a Port-A-Deck for the last few months and it has proven to be an excellent product .... YouTube video .... we have found that it performs as advertised .... one major advantage is each of the 4 legs of the deck support frame and both of the legs for the steps are individually adjustable .... this allows it to be used on uneven surfaces .... as this is being typed we are spending the summer in our camper in South Dakota, when we pack up to head south for the winter, it folds up to where it is easy to store and transport .... it takes less time to put up or take down the deck than it does to put out our manual awning and stake it down .... a link to a thread with pictures .... while camping in Texas we met the fellow who owns and manufactures Port-A-Decks .... he came up with the design in response to his wife's medical issues which make it difficult to get into their camper .... I have a knee issues which will require yet another surgery this fall and using a Port-A-Deck sure helps

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
ngreen wrote:
stefon, you ought to go in business

I agree ... BUT are you willing to share the plans first? I really like how you did that.

A friend of ours was coming out of there 5th wheel and missed the handle and fell from the top step. Shattered her wrist and gave her a concusion. I worry about my wife all the time because she is accident prone. That is why I am looking.

Dave

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
stefon, you ought to go in business
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
Funny you should mention this... The steps on my RV are awful, and it's only a matter of time before DW or I end up breaking a leg, ankle or face trying to get in or out of the coach. All of the steps/deck solutions I found online are wonderful, but cost over $1,000.00 to purchase.

I just finished building these for considerably less money.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Another view:

Click For Full-Size Image.

The "Stairs" section comes apart with no tools. The "Deck" section goes together with a few bolts and wing nuts. It takes me about 5 minutes to set this up from start to finish, and when it's taken down it packs flat into my basement as a 32" square, about 7" high. The treads and deck surface are composite deck boards. The rest is 3/4" plywood.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did a quick search on GOOGLE using 'RV SLIDE-OUT WITH STEPS'

CLICK on this link:

RV SLIDE-OUT WITH STEPS

When it loads up select 'images' and then you can mouse click on the image that might catch your eye for more info...

The one from 'Camping on Pinterest' might be what you are looking for...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS