cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pullrite SG 14k is ok for 16k

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
Had heard that the super glide 4100 that used to be 14k is now rated at 16k. Has anyone gotten a sticker to change the rating of their 14k hitch to 16k?
3 REPLIES 3

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
Swamp Man wrote:
10-29-2013 1131 hrs. On the telephone with Pullrite customer service. I spoke to Nick in Pullrite customer service and he said that none of the hitches design has been changed, and testing indicated to them that the hitch would carry 16k. He said that the hitch's rating had been upgraded. This would include hitchs already manufactured. I asked about the company sending out a new weight sticker and he said that if the owner requests one, they will send it out.

Yup! I just got this email from Mary at Pullrite;

Greg,

Yes, the #4100 SuperGlide hitch was upgraded to 16K. If you e-mail me your shipping information, I can get a 16K sticker sent out to you. Thanks!

Mary K. Dance
Customer Service Representative
Pulliam Enterprises
(574)259-1520 extension 119
MaryD@pullrite.com

Looks like the old #4100 14k is now good for 16k!

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
10-29-2013 1131 hrs. On the telephone with Pullrite customer service. I spoke to Nick in Pullrite customer service and he said that none of the hitches design has been changed, and testing indicated to them that the hitch would carry 16k. He said that the hitch's rating had been upgraded. This would include hitchs already manufactured. I asked about the company sending out a new weight sticker and he said that if the owner requests one, they will send it out.
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would check with the Pullrite folks to see if that is a fact or a rumor. I can't imagine they would change it without modifications...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS