cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to all WW FS3000 owners

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if any of the power outlets in the FS3000 work without the generator running. I have a tester, but haven't been able to get to the storage place in a few weeks, maybe I'll try this weekend to get out there.

Couple of months ago we we given a food saver which we are keeping in the trailer, tried to test it in the kitchen area, which didn't work unless the generator was running. Which I think kills the idea of running a coffee pot without starting the generator.

But I am hoping to be able to charge cell phones or battery chargers (18560 style batteries for headlamps and flashlights), or charge the 2 ways without having to run the generator everytime. Am I out of luck for that?

We have a solar power kit that keeps the batteries topped off for the trailer, runs lights, radio and the such great, with no real loss on the batteries. Will any outlet work without the generator?
50 REPLIES 50

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
Guess my next question for all you FS3000 owner, (I forgot since I bought the trailer a few months ago), where are all the pilot lights located?

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
It's really not that tough if you want to wire in an adapter. Most of your lights are all 12v.

You could install a cigarette adapter if you can find 12v power, or even something like pictured below which would step down the power.

Lots of options.

Thats a pretty good idea also, DC plug or USB.

See I thought the lights were 12v, all run without generator, which is why I hoped maybe the bathroom, or bedroom plugs may also work without generator.

Y-Guy
It's really not that tough if you want to wire in an adapter. Most of your lights are all 12v.

You could install a cigarette adapter if you can find 12v power, or even something like pictured below which would step down the power.

Lots of options.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, that's what I thought but was hoping otherwise, at least for the small things. Guess I'll have to get use to using my power sticks over night for the cell phones, and recharge them while the generator is on.

I do like the idea of adding cig plugs(DC). Was that a DIY project?

Y-Guy
As already pointed you will not have any 110v outlets working in your trailer without the generator, unless, you have a power inverter installed some where. On some RVs these are used to power a TV off the battery bank. I doubt the FS3000 would have come with an inverter.

Here is a good resource to learn about the 12v power systems, and batteries in your RV. The 12vote Side of Life

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
No outlet will work unless you have the generator running, are connected to 'shore' power, or you use a power inverter (12VDC to 120VAC).

For the phones, tablet, ect, I use car chargers, and have added a couple of 12V cig lighter style plugs in the bedroom and other areas. Power inverters are not efficient, especially using one to charge a cell phone, and a large one would be required to run a coffee maker (heating element).
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny