cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power slide parasite power draw

Etempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a reason for a power Slide to have a parasite power draw? To clarify if the motor is not activated to move slide in or out should it bad consuming power? When I pull the fuse for it the led alert comes on.
7 REPLIES 7

Etempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Not positive. Great thought. Will follow up and find out. Thanks.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure that the fuse only controls the slide motor/s?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Etempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for replies. The led does go out when the fuse is inserted, but as the fuse is inserted it arcs indicating power is flowing through connection.it seems the led light only comes on when a fuse is blown or removed AND the circuit is under power demand. The slide does not have a remote only manual toggle switch in coach.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Fuzion is like RoyB described: if you pull a fuse the LED comes on.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that if the slide can be activated by a remote control there must be something in the circuitry always on and drawing a tiny amount of power to catch the signal from the remote.

If there is no remote control involved, I would think there should be no parasitic power draw from the slide motor. :@

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shouldn't be any draw unless commanded. I suspect the small LED you see come ON is just a small led across the two fuse contacts. It comes ON to tell you that the fuse has blown or pulled out like in your case. When a good fuse is plugged in around the LED contacts the LED light goes off... My 12VDC fuse positions in my 12VDC Power Distribution Panel all have the little LEDs for each ATM fuse position...

12VDC Power Distribution Fuse Panel

Google Image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Bedlam
There may be control or wireless circuits that are always active - Look for a shutoff switch.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD