cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keyless entry combination lock for door

Likes_to_tow
Nomad
Nomad
Has anyone installed a V4 Keyless entry lock on their door?? Looks like it would be worth it since so many keys are floating around that can open a door on any RV. The V4 seems like the best according to the reviews on Amazon
11 REPLIES 11

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer
If you happen to order one, make sure you buy the gasket that they make to go around the lock hole as the lack of paint under the OEM set may show when you remove the old and install the new. It's a great investment, don't have to worry about keys on the beach or at the waterpark!!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
avvidclif1 wrote:
If you think your factory door lock is secure and not a lot of them floating around just ask any dealer if you need to leave the key when you drop it off for service. No is the answer, they have a master key. No need to leave yours. RV Locks (brand name) are not master keyed AFAIK. I like the convenience of the keypad. We have remotes but never use them. The spare keys are kept in the tow vehicle, just in case.

I don't think the OEM lock is secure. But the real issue is I don't think a burglars waste their time using a key!:S
A pry bar is much faster and fits every RV door on the lot.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
Check out rvlock.com. Mine works great!

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
If you think your factory door lock is secure and not a lot of them floating around just ask any dealer if you need to leave the key when you drop it off for service. No is the answer, they have a master key. No need to leave yours. RV Locks (brand name) are not master keyed AFAIK. I like the convenience of the keypad. We have remotes but never use them. The spare keys are kept in the tow vehicle, just in case.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I can see paying for the convenience but paying for security is a laugh as anybody with a pry tool can pop open any of our doors.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Keypad locks are worth it for the convenience. I have them on both doors. Having no keys to deal with is great.
As mentioned get the keypad lock for convenience sake, there is no real security advantage.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Love it. Keep a key in the truck when batteries fail.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
A $250 lock on a $5 door. Doesn't seem like a reasonable combination to me. Entry locks are not like the baggage doors: there are not tons of them floating around, so if you lock your door with the key you'll keep out the people who will enter if you're unlocked.

OTOH if the person really wants in to steal your stuff, he can pop that $5 door with a large screwdriver. Your $250 lock will not even slow him down. The framework is all thin aluminum and easily bent.

If you want the convenience of a keyless lock that is another story.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
I have it, and highly recommend it. Discussed in detail in this thread.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
I have the lock on my RV however it doesn't include the FOB. Works very well however we still do carry the keys with us since the batteries could die and render it useless.

While I realize many compartment doors use the CH751 key, I am unaware of a similar situation for door locks. And remember, this lock is still keyed.

I believe if you're considering it for added security, it's money wasted. If it's for convenience, then have at it.

If someone wants in, no lock will stop them.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Hi this is the lock we have and it works well, You will get plenty of opinions for and against this type of lock. We went a step further and got new locks for the outside compartments as well. ... Good Luck n Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W