cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendation for Tow Vehicle Bed Cover

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a new Ram 3500 mega cab for my tow vehicle. Looking for thoughts/recommendations for a new bed cover. Roll up or fold up. Type material, Waterproof. Probably looking for something under $1,000. Fifth wheel is a 2009 Jayco Designer.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.
33 REPLIES 33

greende
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite. Folds in four segments and does not obstruct the back window. Several good YouTube videos on it.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous truck we used the Extang TuffTonno Peel & Seal Roll Up Tonneau Cover it was a 2012 Ram Mega cab. Worked excellent for the 3 years we had the truck. Truck was only used for towing our 5th wheel.
Very easy to take on the off, rolled up nice against the cab and the material never marked up the cab.

We purchased the same item again for our new 2016 RAM.
They have up graded it here and there. They added a bar along the tailgate to make removing the cover easier and it rolls right up with cover to the front. The new tension bars that go across the bed are ok. They have a new spring loaded assist, they are ok seem to work good but we liked the solid aluminum ones like before.
Ordered both from autoanything.com after searching other sites and talking to local auto shops. They had the best price.

This is the 2012 Mega. Don't have a picture of the new one yet.

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Love my Truxedo cover

What model do you have?
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Truxedo cover
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE