cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refrigerator Too Warm

JRMunn
Explorer
Explorer
After the knuckle busting task of changing a furnace motor, I have tried not to be learning something new about my 2004 Sunnybrook 5th wheel for a while. But I have been putting up with a refrigerator problem that needs to be taken care of before the summer heat arrives. There is no shore power where the trailer is parked, so I have the refrigerator running on propane. It has separate freezer and refrigerator compartments. The freezer part seems to work fine, but the refrigerator is too warm. I have tried moving the temperature sensor up and down on the refrigeration fin without seeing much change in temperature. The refrigerator is a Dometic model no. RM2862 with a product no. of 921 14 60-96. Any suggestions about how to solve this temperature problem would be greatly appreciated.

JR Munn
18 REPLIES 18

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you do need a good solid 12v to the frig at all times. take outside vents off look for yellow resado ,,nice bright blue flame.?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try a battery operated fan in the fresh food area.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Verify the ventilation clearances in the owner's manual. You may need to close up the space between the coils and the outside wall of rig.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you checked the coils for colorful leakage?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman