cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refrigerator upgrade?

fidhleir
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a 2010 Cougar 278RKS. We are considering upgrading to a larger fifth wheel which would upgrade a number of features. But, when balancing the cost of a new rig, I'm looking at the absolute must-haves beyond our current setup. The two biggest gripes are the small refrigerator and the seating. Replacing the sofa and chair with a couple comfortable recliners is a no-brainer. But has anybody upgraded a refrigerator from the current (6 cu. ft.?) to something just a bit bigger? I'm thinking of just a taller unit and sacrificing the cupboard above the current fridge. I believe Dometic makes such a unit.

We really like our current floor plan. As much as we'd love a bigger rig,these and a few other minor upgrades would make the current Cougar much more livable.
2 REPLIES 2

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We had a residential (apartment size) that we put in our TT and it was wonderful. We got an inverter to run it off DC while traveling, but before we got the inverter, we traveled several times without it running and the food stayed cold or frozen. We have now moved up to a 5'er, but I sure miss the extra room in the fridge.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
From what I've seen recently the newer Dometics are 8 cubic feet and take up about the same space of the former 6 cubic ft version.

Some of the newer rigs also have the option for the 4 door 12 cubic ft RV fridge as well as a residential fridge with inverter installed to run it while traveling or camping off the grid. Enjoy your new 5er!!!