cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROOF REPLACEMENT

MandMkuzie
Explorer
Explorer
Have some roofing questions. We are in a 96 Travel Supreme 5er. this is still has the original roof on it. I have a couple of places that is allowing water in. I have slowed it down for now, but am planning on pulling the rubber roof off and replacing any boards as well as inspect in the "attic" area and add insulation as necessary.
I am strongly considering going with a lizzard skin, Herculiner, or line x type product. This will be a DIY project. I am looking for any tips, advice or reviews on the above products.
Thank you very much
2 REPLIES 2

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I know RV Flex Armor isn't a DIY product, but I am absolutely 100% satisfied with my RV Flex Armor roof. They replaced all of the required decking that was damaged due to the failed rubber roof membrane also. Would I have it done again? No hesitation - YES. Total time from start to drive out was 2 1/2 days.

This picture was taken just prior to pulling it out of their shop (Madison, MS location) for me to hook up and drive away.

Click For Full-Size Image.">My New Roof January 2016
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
MandMkuzie wrote:
Have some roofing questions. We are in a 96 Travel Supreme 5er. this is still has the original roof on it. I have a couple of places that is allowing water in. I have slowed it down for now, but am planning on pulling the rubber roof off and replacing any boards as well as inspect in the "attic" area and add insulation as necessary.
I am strongly considering going with a lizzard skin, Herculiner, or line x type product. This will be a DIY project. I am looking for any tips, advice or reviews on the above products.
Thank you very much

No experience but I've read some interesting stuff about RV Flexarmor.

The Rhino Linings Eco-Coat looks very similar as a spray-on roof replacement

KJ
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!