cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Kayak Rack on 5th wheel

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
I am curious if anyone uses or has used one of the Kayak Racks from RVkayakrack.com. We are almost ready to pull the trigger on a 5th wheel, and we would like to bring our Kayaks along on trips. We know this method would not work for my wife's sea kayak, but it looks like our 12 ft and 13 ft kayaks would be ok.

The RV we are looking at comes with a receiver hitch standard (3000lb tow ). However, I am not sure how the load will act driving down a highway at 60mph pivoting on a 2" receiver hitch.

Thanks,
OJ

www.rvkayakrack.com

Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HDโ€™s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW
23 REPLIES 23

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, it take about 10 minutes to put together or remove. Never understood carrying them right side up in the NW with our rain.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Majikal-Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job Me-Again looks easy to remove when not it use.
Jersey Joe and Marianne with Dale the cat. #3

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is the rack I built for a 12' and 10' kayak.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Majikal-Joe
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
We custom-made a rack for the front of the F-250. It bolts into frame using the same bolts the bumper attach with.

Here there's also a motorcycle under the tarp behind the truck cab

Thanks... Great pictures on Facebook.

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
We custom-made a rack for the front of the F-250. It bolts into frame using the same bolts the bumper attach with.

Here there's also a motorcycle under the tarp behind the truck cab

sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

Majikal-Joe
Explorer
Explorer
BlizzardBuzzard wrote:
I made a rack for my truck to hold my 12' kayak's while towing a 5w. The Thule with front receiver is a good commercial option.

The rack you picture must put the lower end of the kayak at least a foot from the pavement. That puts the top of a 13ft kayak at 14ft. I'll bet you hit every tree in town on your way to the highway. When you get to the highway, you will convert the kayak to a square ender. On the bright side, you will have a place to add a motor mount like a square ended canoe.

How about a pic or two and how you made that rack...Thanks

BlizzardBuzzard
Explorer
Explorer
I made a rack for my truck to hold my 12' kayak's while towing a 5w. The Thule with front receiver is a good commercial option.

The rack you picture must put the lower end of the kayak at least a foot from the pavement. That puts the top of a 13ft kayak at 14ft. I'll bet you hit every tree in town on your way to the highway. When you get to the highway, you will convert the kayak to a square ender. On the bright side, you will have a place to add a motor mount like a square ended canoe.
Dave, N1ACM
2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD, Quad Cab, Long Bed, Cummings
1999 Prowler 285S, 5W & 2008 Fun Finder X-160
Reese 15K, Prodigy
Luhrs 3400MY & Trophy 2302

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
wow that is getting close to some highway overpasses. It gave me an idea for a moment for my folding portabote. but it is 4.5 in thick and I am going to try to put it under the 5er
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Thule makes a rack that allows for kayaks or canoe on truck roof while pulling a fifth wheel but it requires a front receiver on the truck.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work