cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite wiring in Voltage 3200

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
I received a Tailgater satellite system and seem to have a wiring issue with the satellite portion of the system. I have gotten the Tailgater to work outside of the trailer, but when I attach the RG6 cable to the satellite connection and plug the receiver to the internal connection, I get no connection to the dish. I have traced the white satellite wire from the outside to the area below the sink in the bathroom. The wire runs up the wall between the sink and the hallway, so I assume that it is heading over to where the living room tv is located. Behind the control panel I find 2 white wires, but they are both connected to a splitter. One is attached to the input of the splitter and the other to an output port. If I disconnected the output one the outside and garage tv's stop working. If I remove the input white wire, all the tv's stop working. When I trace the 2 wires attached to the outlet that is in the opening under the DVD player, I find that one goes to the splitter and the other heads up the back wall and behind the tv.

Anyone got the OEM wiring working and/or have any ideas how the trailer was wired? I have a diagram that shows a direct connection from the outside satellite connection to the inside under the DVD player, but that does not seem to be the way mine is rigged.

Thank for any help.
Bob
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike
4 REPLIES 4

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
I ran a new Rg6 from the Exterior connection to the control cabinet for sat receiver. You can see the pictures on Pintrest.
http://www.pinterest.com/eightydo/more-upgrades-on-voltage-3200/
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Edge Tuner, BnD Exhaust Break: Trans Cooler
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, when all fails, try the cable port. I tried that just for fun this afternoon and you guessed it, the satellite worked. There is a short cable that was is the outlet which I had removed and have decided that it was a jumper that put cable TV into the system. I removed that and inserted the satellite receiver and bingo the dish picked up 2 satellites and in less than 10 minutes I had HD TV. Now I don't have to run the cable through any windows or into one of the slides, which are on the wrong side of the trailer anyway. When at a campground with cable, I just have to replace the jumper cable.

Thanks for all the comments.

Hope this result will help other Voltage owners and maybe other TH folks also.

Bob
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
You can't have splitters between your dish and your receiver. My Voltage has two coax connectors - one for cable and one for sat. I put my receivers in the basement with dish on tripod so I don't use the OEM wiring for sat. at all.

rb71
Explorer
Explorer
I have to figure mine out every time I use my satellite.

The wire that makes all the tvs quit is where you hook the receiver in the middle then you can watch the satellite (same channel) on all the tvs.
Bobby
2014 Ram 3500 mega dually
2013 Voltage 3895
Pullrite 4400