cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Out Awning Question

mbradford99
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Crusader Lite 28RL, and I am looking to order 2 slide out awning covers.

The dinette side slide out has very little clearance on the right side (facing the rig) between the slide out and the patio awning arm. It appears that the bracket for the awning cover (at least the dometic) would interfere / hit the awning arm.

Has anyone ordered slide out covers, and if so what brand worked for you?

I have looked at dometic and carefree of colorado. The carefree appears to have a bracket that aligns to the edge of the slideout.

wondering if that is installed, if the awning cover then covers the whole area of the roof?

tried to contact carefree, dometic and Primetime, but carefree and dometic have no phone support and Primetime had no information about awnings and told me to contact Forest River, who then told me to contact Primetime .. LOL

any help / info is appreciated
2002 - GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4
2017 - Prime Time Crusader Lite 28RL
5 REPLIES 5

mbradford99
Explorer
Explorer
TJames1974 wrote:
I have Dometic ones on my 5th wheel and the bracket and the awning arm are less than 1" apart but have never hit. Mine were installed by a rv tech and work awesome. We were in sustained 20-25 mph winds at the coast and they made no noise at all and were tight when we brought them in. They do pool water but they are tight enough to drain it off as it comes in. (just dont stand under the end of the slide)

Thank You !

TJames1974
Explorer
Explorer
I have Dometic ones on my 5th wheel and the bracket and the awning arm are less than 1" apart but have never hit. Mine were installed by a rv tech and work awesome. We were in sustained 20-25 mph winds at the coast and they made no noise at all and were tight when we brought them in. They do pool water but they are tight enough to drain it off as it comes in. (just dont stand under the end of the slide)
2003 Ford 6.0 Diesel
2017 Cougar 32RLK Fifth Wheel

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
A beach ball on the slide under the awning works to keep water drained off

mbradford99
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
On several rigs I've had Dometic, our current one has Carefree. Dometic would be my choice solely due thponthe ability to make adjustments which Carefree says can't be done.

They all will flap and pool but the Carefree is by far the worst of any I've used. It also sags more that the Dometic. The Carefree is flaps and pools more than the Dometics did and when bringing in the slide with a good amount of water pooled it bunches up the fabric so the slide needs extended and brought in multiple times to get it drained.

Thank You for the info.

Mike

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
On several rigs I've had Dometic, our current one has Carefree. Dometic would be my choice solely due thponthe ability to make adjustments which Carefree says can't be done.

They all will flap and pool but the Carefree is by far the worst of any I've used. It also sags more that the Dometic. The Carefree is flaps and pools more than the Dometics did and when bringing in the slide with a good amount of water pooled it bunches up the fabric so the slide needs extended and brought in multiple times to get it drained.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB